Program Manager - Yuma Proving GroundsDate posted 08/17/2016
Job ID#: 9565BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Program Manager - Yuma Proving Grounds
Job Category: Program/Project Management
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity as a Program Manager in our Special Programs group located in Yuma, Arizona.
This position typically reports to a senior program manager and is responsible for the planning, managing, and organizing of multiple development and production programs at Yuma Proving Ground (YPG). Manages programs which have well defined program plans and delivery methodologies. Leads all phases of assigned program(s) from site arrival through delivery. Applies established technologies using standard principles, theories, concepts, and techniques to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems. Responsible for decisions that could impact outcomes where erroneous decisions could cause serious schedule delays and expenditure of additional time and resources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all program(s) from arrival at YPG through completion, including planning and managing performance to ensure quality, schedule, and financial objectives are attained.
- Develop and coordinate program plans or delivery methods which usually serve a single customer.
- Interact with internal and external representatives at various levels concerning resolution of technical and scheduling issues. Act as primary contact for program issues while at YPG.
- Influence, and coordinate the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets, and financial terms/conditions of contract(s). Influence contract acquisitions, negotiations and modifications.
- Ensure technical leadership and excellence is maintained by participating in the planning, attraction, selection, retention, and development of the required management, professional, and technical talent.
- Act as the primary customer contact for program activities and may lead program review sessions with customers to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Identify program issues and provide leadership in developing solutions such as re-allocation of resources or modifying contract specification.
- Contribute to the development of new business opportunities and expansion of existing business opportunities. May participate with Group management in pursuing business partnerships, alliances, and joint ventures that enhance the capabilities of the Group/Company and may result in new products, programs and business opportunities.
- Manage the development of and ensure the security of proprietary technology, and maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors, Masters or PhD in engineering, science or a related technical field as well as eleven or more years of progressively complex program administration experience with at least five of those years managing programs. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Demonstrates technical expertise and application of program management principles, concepts, and practice as well as program management and leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones.
- Must be able to develop solutions to problems that require coordination of technologies across program requirements.
- Strong communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other departments, all levels of management, professional and support staff, customers, potential customers, and government representatives.
- Customer focused, must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment, and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.