Avionics Technician (NON DEPLOYABLE)Date posted 02/06/2019
Job ID#: 22594BR
Company: General Atomics Systems Integration
Job Title: Avionics Technician (NON DEPLOYABLE)
Job Category: Avionics/Electronics
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics Systems Integration, LLC (GA-SI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a provider of military and commercial engineering services. GA-SI is a leading-edge expert in systems integration technologies, reliability improvements, and controls system design.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Avionics Technician for our Aero Services division based out of Yuma, AZ. Under general supervision, this position is responsible for providing field support repair, troubleshooting, modifications and installations on deployed Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) and Ground Control Stations (GCS). Additional responsibilities will include repairing, monitoring and installing networking electronic equipment in support of these systems. This position can deploy both CONUS and OCONUS in support of Company projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs repairs, testing, and operation of UAS, GCS and various associated ground support electronic equipment at assigned facilities which will require long periods of standing, walking, bending and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Assists in troubleshooting, component removal and replacement, testing and documentation following schematics, layout diagrams and work instructions in accordance with customer regulations.
- Participates in GCS power up, ground checks, maintenance, aircraft recovery, status debriefing, repair and documentation of repairs and status.
- Supports maintenance, repairs and installation of various types of electronic equipment and related devices such as electronic transmitting and receiving equipment, micro and mainframe computers and industrial measuring, controlling and calibration devices.
- Performs basic configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting, analysis and repair of databases, switches, networks, video systems and long-haul communications
- Supports installation and upgrading operating system application software’s in multi user client/server environments.
- Performs configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting, analysis and repair of databases, switches, networks, video systems and long-haul communications.
- Liaisons with deployment team leaders, supply personnel, A&P mechanics, pilots and internal and external customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires education al training equivalent to the completion of a two-year technical degree or trade school equivalency as well as two or more years experience in aviation or electronics. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must possess: (1) the ability to troubleshoot at the component level; (2) considerable knowledge and use of electronic test equipment, hand and soldering tools, voltage or amperage measuring and recording devices; (3) the ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, schematics and technical orders; (4) the ability to obtain a security clearance; and (5) strong analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report and assess situations and make judgments
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Experience with maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing RF systems is desirable.
- Experience with session layer protocol used on the Internet or local area networks to provide a bidirectional interactive text-oriented communication facility using a virtual terminal connection also known as TELNET is highly desirable.
- Knowledge in File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is desirable.
- Certification in A+, Network+ and Security+ is highly desirable.
- Ability to pass a Deployment Medical Examination.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? Yes
Clearance Level Top Secret (current SCI access)