Business Development AssociateDate posted 11/02/2016
Job ID#: 10302BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Business Development Associate
Job Category: Business Development
State: District of Columbia
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Associate to join our Washington DC office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position reports to the Senior Manager for Government Affairs and is responsible for coordinating the development of new strategic international business opportunities and expanding current opportunities through direct liaison with U.S. government organizations involved in the oversight, approval and execution of direct commercial sales (DCS) and foreign military sales (FMS)
- In coordination with International Trade Compliance, facilitate ITAR licensing process to support business development activities of GA-ASI product line.
- Assist Senior Manager in maintaining and building relationships with DSCA, DTSA, Department of State, Department of Defense, and Armed Services (Pentagon Staff and FMS Program Offices), with focus on international business.
- Assist in managing all GA-ASI engagements with aforementioned U.S. government offices.
- Assist Senior Manager in developing and promulgating U.S. government strategic engagement plans and ensure business processes and practices remain aligned with these plans.
- Maintain awareness of U.S. government policies which may impact GA-ASI business, with regular updates to the Senior Manager.
- Track and monitor licensing progress.
- Examine/monitor Letters of Request (LOR) and Letters of Agreement (LOA) process for FMS cases, advising Senior Manager of any potential impacts to ongoing business activities.
- Contact customers, as required to gather information, through a variety of media.
- Assess potential business opportunities through activities such as market and economic analysis, monitoring competitive activity and identifying customer needs.
- Participate in the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statement and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract(s).
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field and six or more years progressively complex marketing/sales experience.
- Must possess knowledge of ITAR, FAA, AECA, FMS, MTCR and related processes.
- Strong communication, leadership, presentation and interpersonal skills to enable an effective interface with other departments is a must.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.