Administrative AssistantDate posted 06/05/2019
Job ID#: 24167BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Job Category: Administrative
State: District of Columbia
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS’ expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
We currently have an exciting opportunity at General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) for a Department Specialist reporting to our VP of Strategic Development in our Washington, DC office.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gathers, collects, records, tracks, verifies data and information from multiple sources and performs various clerical duties.
- Performing travel coordination, meetings/event coordination, and executive scheduling.
- Working on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Maintains, develops, and updates a variety of electronic and/or hard copy reports and records which may be confidential and sensitive in nature for a variety of parties which require independent interaction with management, customers, vendors or agencies.
- Responds to a variety of verbal and written requests for information from internal sources and may respond to verbal and written requests for information from authorized external parties and/or agencies
- Provides data and information and determines appropriate action on requests from all levels of employees, customers, vendors, and other authorized parties and/or agencies
- Maintains files and records information relating to specific Washington DC office activities.
- Compile, record, and track pertinent data on computer system and research data bases.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent and six or more years experience in a field related to the specialized functional area or unit where assigned.
- Must demonstrate an extensive in-depth understanding of assigned functional area principles, theories and concepts.
- The ability to grasp new concepts quickly and maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to establish priorities.
- Strong MS Office skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must have in depth experience with travel coordination, meetings/event coordination, and executive scheduling.
- The ability to identify issues, interpret and explain complex information and solve non-routine problems, issues or situations that require evaluation and interpretation.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report and interface effectively with all levels of personnel, including management, customers and vendors;
- Comprehensive understanding of applicable policies and procedures as well as a complete understanding of relevant regulations;
- Extensive knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
- Active DoD secret security clearance is desired.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? Desired
Clearance Level Secret