Quality EngineerDate posted 08/04/2016
Job ID#: 9420BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Job Category: Quality
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) is a supplier of advanced electromagnetic systems, related power equipment and other high technology products for a variety of government and commercial applications. These include products such as the design and fabrication of linear motors, superconducting and conventional rotating motors, power inverters, high-energy capacitors, radiation monitoring systems, high-voltage direct current power distribution systems, and numerous other products.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Quality Engineer with Non-Destructive Evaluation (NDE) level III qualifications and experience to join our Electromagnetic Systems (EMS) Group located in our Tupelo, MS facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and applies technical solutions using non-destructive evaluation processes and interprets results in support of the QA organization at EMS.
- Participates in assigned nondestructive examination (NDE) activities.
- Witnesses tests and performs internal and external surveillances of testing and production activities in-house and at supplier's facilities.
- Develops receiving, source, in-process, and final inspection planning.
- Reviews design documents such as drawings, specifications, test plans/procedures, work instructions, SOW's, etc. to verify that adequate acceptance requirements have been included.
- Generates Nonconformance Reports.
- Performs weld audits at vendor's facilities and ensure compliance per approved specifications.
- Reviews and validates previously received inspection reports, material certs, and other supporting quality documentation.
- Coordinates with subcontractor administration/buyer to retrieve the required documentation from suppliers.
- Reviews, verifies, and compiles quality data packages per GA clauses, methods and contract requirements.
- Prepares statistical analysis reports, specifications and other technical documentation.
- Evaluates GD&T drawings per ANSI Y14.5.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelor's or master's degree in engineering or related discipline and five or more years of related experience with a bachelor's degree or three or more years with a master's degree. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must be able to apply a sound understanding of inspection methods and have good knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- Must have the analytical ability required to develop creative solutions to routine and non-routine quality issues and the skills required to present those solutions to internal and external contacts.
- Must be detail-oriented to accurately prepare statistical reports and technical documents in support of company objectives.
- Must have good leadership skills to direct staff members and ensure project costs and schedules are maintained.
- Able to work extended hours as required.