Production PlannerDate posted 12/01/2016
Job ID#: 10525BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Production Planner
Job Category: Manufacturing
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
GA’s Electromagnetic Systems (EMS) Group focuses on the military and commercial applications of advanced electromagnetic technologies, including power generation and distribution, magnetic levitation, and systems design and engineering. The EMS Group supports government customers, which include the Department of Defense, Department of Energy and the Department of Transportation.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Production Planner for our EMS Group located in Tupelo, MS. Under general supervision, this position is responsible for planning, preparing, issuing and controlling production schedules and coordinates with material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contributes to efficient operation of organization by inputting to or preparing short and long-range plans and schedules reports and providing progress follow-up and adjustment information.; develops planning activities that support schedule development; schedules, monitors performance, analyzes and reports on activities to ensure flow of material.
- Develops manufacturing work orders in accordance with Material Requirement Planning (MRP) planned order requirements; guides manufacturing on action(s) to be taken.
- Investigates and resolves manufacturing related issues; performs product assessments for part or product designs; provides input for manufacturing processes and manufacturing technologies to meet cost and schedules.
- Processes work orders and material transactions for non-conformance material dispositions. Interprets engineering change orders (ECO), implements dispositions affecting stock, work in progress, and NEXT assembly.
- Develops standard and non-standard reports; identifies issues, exceptions and variances and develops solutions to moderately complex issues; reviews processes and procedures to support business and regulatory agency requirements.
- Represents group with interdepartmental activity with quality, manufacturing, purchasing, engineering and inventory control.
- Alerts operating or project management to deviation from established norms; develops and recommends solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- May perform physical movement of hardware as a result of processing NCR and ECO dispositions.
- Perform other duties as assigned and required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Planning, Engineering, Production Control or a related discipline and three or more years progressive experience in planning, scheduling, budgeting and performance measurement. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a general understanding of manufacturing planning principles, theories and concepts as well as ability to understand accounting and manufacturing systems in a research or production environment and to learn and apply basic planning tools and techniques; and knowledge of concepts and principles of planning to develop solutions to a variety of problems.
- Prior experience using SAP is desired.
- Prior experience supporting Department of Defense program's or project's is desired.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify issues and interpret data including engineering drawings; (2) organization skills to maintain flow of work within the unit; (3) good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to interface with internal employees and to accurately document, report and present; (4) ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information; and (5) knowledge of computer operations and applications and word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.