Material Control CoordinatorDate posted 10/25/2016
Job ID#: 10212BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Material Control Coordinator
Job Category: Supply Chain Management
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) is a supplier of advanced electromagnetic systems, related power equipment and other high technology products for a variety of government and commercial applications. These include products such as the design and fabrication of linear motors, superconducting and conventional rotating motors, power inverters, high-energy capacitors, radiation monitoring systems, high-voltage direct current power distribution systems, and numerous other products.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Material Control Coordinator position located in our Tupelo, MS facility. Under general supervision with detailed instruction on new assignments, this position is responsible for performing manual and clerical duties involved in coordinating incoming materials through inspection, stockroom and production.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews and monitors inventory and work orders, Ensures traceability of material and/or parts.
- Coordinates with various departments to support department materials requirements.
- Monitors and restocks inventory levels housed on shop floor to ensure appropriate levels.
- Updates daily movement of parts providing information to appropriate personnel regarding back order of critical scheduled material.
- Delivers materials as required for designated production areas.
- Reviews material requisitions issued to the stockroom to ensure material is properly allocated.
- Conducts physical inventory counts. Identifies, reports, and investigates inventory shortages, overages or discrepancies on the shop floor.
- Examines items received. Verifies conformance to quality clauses and receiving procedures.
- Transfers vendor shipper paperwork upon receipt of goods or after appropriate approval of parts. Ensures damages or excess goods are processed through quality assurance and/or materials supervisor.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Additional functions and other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent and two or more years of experience in production/material control.
- Must have a good understanding of material control concepts and standards, and must have experience applying those concepts and standards using stockroom procedures and record keeping practices.
- Prior material tracking experience using SAP is desired
- Prior MRP experience is desired
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify deviations from normal processes and procedures, analyze issues and interpret data; (2) good organization skills to maintain flow of work within the unit; (3) the ability to respond to routine and non-routine issues or situations; (4) good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to interface with internal employees and to accurately document and report information; and (5) knowledge of computer operations and applications and word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.