Manufacturing Business Systems Analyst
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Job Level: Mid-Level (3-7 years)
Travel: 0 - 25
What makes a successful Manufacturing Business Systems Analyst at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Business Systems Analyst to join the growing ITS Planning & Manufacturing Value Stream team in Tupelo, MS that will report to the ITS Planning and Manufacturing Value Stream Manager.
If you are someone who likes working closely with manufacturing as an IT partner, and wants to excel in career supporting very complex manufacturing functions using some of the latest SAP technologies, machine automation, and mobility for manufacturing, then this is the place for you!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- An avid learner of complex manufacturing and warehouse processes as well as system savvy to support these processes using various technologies
- Learn latest SAP technologies used to support manufacturing and become the primary ITS analyst to support the user base in Tupelo, MS on a day-to-day basis
- Able to prioritize work, be self-driven
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access desired, understand relational database systems
- Drive timely resolution of issues assigned through its entire lifecycle – Inception to Closure
- Work partly in a support/sustainment environment as well as project based environment
- Learns GA’s project methodology and develops project plans accordingly
- Ability to gather business requirements, develop presentations and prototypes to illustrate solution options followed with detailed design, development, testing, implementation, and stabilization of end-to-end solutions
- Meets project milestones and deadlines in a timely manner
- A good team player with excellent communication and presentation skills who works collaboratively with various IT and business stakeholders either on site or at remote locations within the United States
- Ability to learn new technologies, bring new ideas and solutions that meet business requirements
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree and three or more years experience with a general knowledge of the department's business practices, techniques, standards and related software/hardware, and computer systems. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education
- 1-2 years of experience working in manufacturing or with enterprise business systems and/or manufacturing execution systems either SAP or non-SAP desired, but not required
- Ability to learn, support, and troubleshoot system issues with various manufacturing and shop floor logistics processes using SAP’s next generation manufacturing execution application in the following areas:
- `Order Execution and Management
- Order change management
- Electronic work instructions
- Operations qualifications and buy-offs
- Quality Inspection
- Parts traceability
- Time collection and order tracking
- Capacity Planning & Leveling
- Warehouse picking and inventory management
- Cycle Counting
- Learn and adopt various internal ITS processes around tickets management, software development lifecycle, change management, project methodology, etc.
- Lead crucial conversations during blueprinting, design, and implementation with various business stakeholders and peers from other cross-functional teams
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Techno savvy with learning new and upcoming technologies and willing to share ideas and innovate
- Excellent communication and presentation skills as well possess the ability to work independently
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager