MachinistDate posted 03/08/2019
Job ID#: 22970BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Machinist
Job Category: Manufacturing
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS’ expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
We have an exciting opportunity for a second shift Machinist to join our Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) Group located in Tupelo, MS. Under general supervision with detailed instructions on new activities and intermittent review of work, this position is responsible for operating and performing fabrication of machine parts by using light-duty bench or floor-type machine tools such as small lathes power mills, extruding machines, drill or punch presses, power brakes or shears.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates drill presses, lathes, mills, saws and shears.
- Operate various CNC machines to include:
- Hass Vertical Mill
- 3-axis lathe
- 4-axis lathe
- Horizontal Mill
- Cleans machines and work area, and deburrs parts.
- Performs kitting of production tools, fixtures, cutters and pre-cut raw material.
- After complete instruction; operates machines, and inspects parts utilizing blue print dimensions and prescribed gauges.
- Monitors and verifies quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Prepares and saw cuts raw materials.
- May layout, fabricate and assemble components.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a high school diploma, technical/trade school training or equivalent and two or more years related experience.
- US citizenship is required.
- Must be customer focused and possess:
- the ability to perform semi-routine set-up and fabrication of machined parts;
- good knowledge of machining equipment including ability to use judgment and safe practices;
- ability to read and understand engineering blue prints, diagrams, and sketches;
- skills to maintain the flow of work within the unit;
- good interpersonal skills and written communication skills to interface with employees and supervisor; and
- basic computer skills.
- Flexibility to work extended hours as required.
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) is highly preferred.
- Experience using G and M codes preferred.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No