Electrical Test EngineerDate posted 05/03/2016
Job ID#: 8576BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Electrical Test Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) is a supplier of advanced electromagnetic systems, related power equipment and other high technology products for a variety of government and commercial applications. These include products such as the design and fabrication of linear motors, superconducting and conventional rotating motors, power inverters, high-energy capacitors, radiation monitoring systems, high-voltage direct current power distribution systems, and numerous other products.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Electrical Test Engineer to support CVN-79 manufacturing in our Tupelo, MS location.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Applies technical knowledge to analyze, investigate and resolve assigned engineering problems.
- Performs functional testing and troubleshooting of equipment and systems in assigned area by utilizing standard engineering and scientific principles.
- Utilize test equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Function Generators, etc.
- Create and update test procedures. Obtains and analyzes test data.
- Support the development of concepts and plans for test programs.
- Develops appropriate documentation of findings and implemented solutions. May be required to make brief technical presentations.
- Assist in troubleshooting of test issues as needed and interpret collected data for preparation and creation of test reports.
- May provide direction to design and/or technical staff.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelors or masters degree in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and two or more years of engineering experience with a bachelors degree. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Good computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) are required.
- Lab view experience is desired.
- Must have a general understanding of engineering concepts, principles, and theory with technical experience demonstrating the application of those concepts while ensuring safety and regulatory compliance.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment and organize work assignments to meet established timetables.
- Good communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required, as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work extended hours and travel as needed.