Electric Winding TechnicianDate posted 02/14/2019
Job ID#: 22679BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Electric Winding Technician
Job Category: Manufacturing
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS’ expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technician to join our Electromagnetic Systems (EMS) Group located in Tupelo, MS. This position supports standard production operations on electro-mechanical assemblies, subassembly's, and equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists engineering staff and lead technicians in manufacturing development activities of producing random-wound and formed coils for electric motors and alternators
- Assists engineering staff and lead technicians in wind, assembly, and test of electric motors and alternators.
- Assists with the modification, fabrication, assembly, operation, installation, repair and maintenance of production and assembly equipment.
- Operates specialized manufacturing equipment for production of large mechanical assemblies.
- May operate heavy equipment (forklifts, cranes, lifts) to aid in the installation and removal equipment requiring a clean and valid driver’s license.
- Maintains a clean work area by returning tools, equipment and materials to storage areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires high school diploma or equivalent with one or more years of experience.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Experience in a production environment producing electric motors and/or electric alternators is required.
- Must be able to work with common hand tools.
- Ability and willingness to work on systems which have unusual conditions such as high pressure, high voltage, high energy, or cryogens.
- Must have the capability to perform moderate assignments with little or no direction.
- Knowledge of computer operations and applications pertinent to the field required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No