Document/Record Control AdminDate posted 12/16/2016
Job ID#: 10672BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Document/Record Control Admin
Job Category: Administrative
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) is a supplier of advanced electromagnetic systems, related power equipment and other high technology products for a variety of government and commercial applications. These include products such as the design and fabrication of linear motors, superconducting and conventional rotating motors, power inverters, high-energy capacitors, radiation monitoring systems, high-voltage direct current power distribution systems, and numerous other products.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Document/Record Control Admin in our Tupelo, MS facility. Under close supervision, this position is responsible for maintaining the central technological files/documents for one or more areas of the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives, logs, organizes and files incoming documents. Indexes reports into databases and provides document distribution and efficient storage.
- Controls access to records centers.
- Maintains records and summaries for analysis or review.
- Performs frequent electronic searches of indexed documents for requestors.
- Monitors author or initiator compliance with company and government policies.
- May coordinate the verification, approval, and processing of document revisions.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a High School diploma or equivalent. Must demonstrate a basic understanding of document and records control practices and concepts; and general knowledge of applicable policies and regulations.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to organize, schedule and coordinate workloads to meet established deadlines and milestones; (2) ability to lift up to 40 lbs; (3) good organizational, analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document and report, and effectively interface with other employees; (4) the ability to identify issues and recognize deviations from accepted practices and processes and resolve non-routine issues; and (5) good computer skills.
- The ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential, as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.