Quality Inspector- CMM OperatorDate posted 12/20/2018
Job ID#: 21952BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Quality Inspector- CMM Operator
Job Category: Quality
City: Spanish Fork
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Inspector to join our team in Spanish Fork Utah. Under limited supervision this position is responsible for inspecting a wide variety of parts, assemblies, tooling fixtures and material to ensure compliance with customer requirements, company specifications, and quality requirements. Verify set ups, inspects and tests new and reworked tools, dies, gauges, jigs and fixtures for conformance to engineering drawings and specifications. Maintains, processes, and compiles a variety of confidential and sensitive electronic and hard copy reports, records and statistics. Assignments are typically non-routine where judgment and assessment are required to resolve moderately complex issues. May conduct inspections at customer or vendor sites.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and performs detailed inspections of mechanical, metal and composite materials, parts and assemblies using precision measuring equipment such as calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, depth gages, optical comparators, and height gages.
- Programming and running metrology equipment, including CMM; Portable Inspection Arms; Laser Scanners.
Performs First Article Inspections (FAI) and generates FAI reports.
Performs in-process and final inspections.
Conducts area surveillance as directed by supervision.
Performs supplier source inspection when required.
Experience with fasteners installation and related inspection requirements.
Clearly presents written descriptions of inspection results including deviations from engineering requirements.
May interact with and provide responses to company management and customer Quality Assurance representatives during audits and review of Company inspection and calibration activities.
Record accurate and concise descriptions of nonconforming conditions identified during inspection of product utilizing computer applications and databases.
Proficient in interpreting mechanical/composite drawings and specifications.
May interact with and provide responses to regulatory agencies and customers during their audits.
May coordinate the procurement of standard materials, services and parts for inspections.
Performs and coordinates calibration activity related to mechanical inspection equipment.
Requires an extensive knowledge of inspection procedures, processes, devices and aids in a manufacturing environment as well as a wide and comprehensive knowledge of inspection concepts and principles including the ability to read and understand complex engineering drawings, specifications, procedures and manuals.
Performs other duties and assigned as required.
Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires an associate's degree, trade school certificate, military training, or equivalent in quality inspections or certification by a professional group such as ASQ or AWS, and three or more years of progressive experience in electrical, mechanical, electromechanical or metrology inspection and calibration. May substitute additional experience in lieu of formal education and training.
- A working knowledge of Wet layup and Prepreg materials.
- Must possess the ability to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications, and perform mathematical computations.
- Good communication skills to effectively interface with all levels of employees including management.
- Ability to interpret complex information and respond to a variety of complex issues.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Good computer skills.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No