Assembly Technician Entry LevelDate posted 12/20/2018
Job ID#: 22025BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Assembly Technician Entry Level
Job Category: Manufacturing
City: Spanish Fork
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Under close supervision, with detailed instruction and intermittent review, and working in a loud aircraft manufacturing environment with a variety of epoxy agents, this position performs elementary and routine tasks in preparation for and assists in the fabrication, curing, build-up and assembly of various types of composite materials where required information is readily available, methods and sequences have been pre-determined and tooling is provided. Works to blueprints, templates, sample parts, process sheets and other authorized information.
This is a second shift position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the preparation of molds and forms.
- Mark and cut tape, woven material, honeycomb, adhesive and similar materials following templates, guides or specific dimensions and sequences following specific instruction.
- Route, drill, trim and sand to blueprint dimensions and tolerances. Vacuum bag parts for room temperature cure.
- Assist in the lay-up of composite materials to molds.
- With assistance, fit and smooth successive layers of materials as necessary to secure build-up free from wrinkles, air pockets and voids following directions and instructions.
- Assemble Aircraft components using structural adhesives, rivets and threaded fasteners.
- Prepare surface and paint composite and metal components including bodywork, contour shaping and sanding. Apply spray application of epoxy paints, urethane and water based epoxy coatings, using a high volume low-pressure spray gun.
- Assist in the development of shop aids to facilitate fabrication, trimming and assembly as required.
- Check expiration dates of materials prior to use, prepare proper mixes of resins and catalysts.
- Maintain records as required. Support quality process by maintaining work area in an orderly condition by returning tools, equipment and material to storage areas.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Additional Functions: Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires High School diploma or equivalent. Must be able to verbally communicate, read and comprehend written and verbal instructions.
- Must be familiar with blueprints and other similar drawings and documents; capable of doing simple mathematical calculations; and familiar with a variety of machinist hand tools and measuring instruments.
- May require respirator certification.
- Must be able to work in a loud environment; work extended hours as required; and be able to lift assemblies weighing up to 50 lbs.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No