Painter Assembly TechnicianDate posted 12/20/2018
Job ID#: 22026BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Painter Assembly Technician
Job Category: Manufacturing
City: Spanish Fork
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Under general supervision, with some detailed instructions and intermittent review, and working in a loud aircraft manufacturing environment with a variety of epoxy agents, this position performs repetitive or standard procedures and assists in the fabrication, curing, build-up and assembly of various types of composite materials where required information is readily available, methods and sequences have been pre-determined and tooling is provided. Works to blueprints, templates, sample parts, process sheets and other authorized information.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge of auto body work.
- Able to work with air tools
- Able to mix and spray various paints.
- Attention to detail
- Support SQDEC and LEAP boards
- Troubleshoot problem areas
- Implement solutions to complex problems to perfect paperwork
- Communicates material shortages and escalates, as required
- Help train technicians in the proper build process
- Participate in problem solving with Six Sigma Tools (DMAIC)
- Observe all laws and work in a safe manner
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Typically requires High School diploma or equivalent and two or more years of related experience.
- Must be able to verbally communicate, read and comprehend written and verbal instructions, detailed blueprints and other similar authorized drawings and documents, and be capable of doing simple mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to use hand tools, such as rollers, paper cutters, scissors, x-acto knives, electric heat gun and fixtures such as molds and mandrels.
- Ability to use measuring instruments such as scales and protractors and calipers.
- May require respirator certification. Must be able to work in a loud environment; work extended hours as required; and be able to lift assemblies weighing up to 50 lbs.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No