Workspace Technical Manager
San Diego, California
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Job Level: Management
Travel: 0% - 25%
What makes a successful Workspace Technical Manager at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Workspace Technical Manager to join our Workspace Support organization located in Poway, CA. Reporting directly to Senior Manager of Workspace Support, this role will directly oversee the Workspace Desktop Engineering team and will have accountability for providing technical guidance and leadership helping facilitate operations and enhancements of overall end-user workspace end-point experience. The Workspace Support Desktop Engineering team’s responsibilities include supporting, and maintaining all end point device configurations, applications and policy in lieu to mobile devices management. The Workspace Support Manager provides execution planning in support of DevOps/SecDevOps and Agile methodologies. Provides a high level of customer service by helping to improve customer satisfaction, increasing end-point application efficiency, rapid problem solving, consulting new technology, decreasing resolution times, and implementing corrective recommendations. Can recognize and explore supplementary tools, techniques, and technologies which will improve or influence results in accordance with industry best practices driving potential for adoption. The Workspace Support Manager is responsible for supervisory functions and day-to-day management of task, project prioritization, assignments, and resource management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and manage the overall activities of Desktop Engineering team consisting of DevOps Engineers, System Administrators, and Workspace support personnel.
- Provide technology vision, strategy and technical management oversight recommending innovative solutions and technologies which improve quality, and productivity.
- Manage Desktop Engineering staff to help innovate, design, secure, deploy and sustain end-point, mobile and cloud based applications and configurations.
- Provide technical guidance across a variety of enterprise technologies including but not limited to, Microsoft Windows, SCCM, Red hat Linux, MS SQL, Apple MAC’s, JAMF, Mobility, Containers, Chef, Puppet, GitHub, Jenkins, Azure, VMware, AWS Cloud technologies, etc
- Be responsible for project delivery via DevOps/SecDevOps lifecycle while effectively collaborating cross-functionally with ITS leaders to develop and support product roadmaps.
- Establish operational SLAs, and processes to help monitor performance and drive better efficiency of team and utilized technologies.
- Deliver clear strategy for client systems, employing project management to help achieve expectations, milestone delivery, mitigation planning and resources to execution.
- Cultivate career development of staff members through coaching, training, on-going feedback regarding levels of performance, and formally evaluate employees in relation to performance; including initiating and recommending disciplinary action as necessary
- Effectively communicate with all levels of ITS leadership, partners and customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree in computer science, information technology or a related field and nine or more years of progressive information technology experience in a corporate environment with at least three of those years managing information technology personnel and projects. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Experience and or clear understanding of automation, infrastructure as code, DevOps/SecDevOps, CI/CD tools and monitoring
- Knowledge of configuration management, scripting languages and orchestration technologies
- Ability to influence while gaining support and trust of a team
- Willingness to uphold and model core values of the organization
- Proven track record managing geographically dispersed staff, with strong written and communication skills
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously
- Creative, and innovative in problem solving and applying appropriate methodologies relevant to the complexity of the challenge
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance is required.
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager