VP, International Contracts & Subcontracts
San Diego, California
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Job Level: Executive
Travel: 0% - 25%
What makes a successful VP, International Contracts & Subcontracts at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Vice President, International Contracts & Subcontracts to work out of our executive office in Poway, California, a suburb of San Diego.
Reporting to the VP, Contracts & Subcontracts, the successful candidate will have extensive experience in closing major international agreements in the area of aerospace and aeronautics. The role will require past experience in managing a diverse group of international contracting and subcontracting professionals in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. We are seeking an individual with a thorough understanding of international contracting and subcontracting principles, ability to develop innovative solutions to a variety of unusually complex problems, excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate and lead teams assigned to cover various objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct responsibility for a diverse portfolio of the company’s international proposals and contracts across NATO, Middle East and Pacific-Rim countries. The work will involve complex solicitation analysis, proposal development, contract and subcontract formation, negotiation of complex terms and the oversight of contract and subcontract management involving both Foreign Military Sales and Direct Commercial Sales.
- Reviews international solicitations, bids and proposals, assesses, (in coordination with the Law Department), applicability of laws and regulations, identifies contracts/subcontracts and risk-related issues, and responds to a variety of inquiries ranging from routine to unusual and complex, while providing leadership in developing innovative solutions.
- Leads negotiation strategies, advising executive leadership of contractual rights-remedies including interpretation of terms and conditions, develop international subcontracting solutions, participate in cost and pricing reviews, and demonstrate core knowledge of International Contract Terms, international laws with working-level knowledge of the International Traffic in Arms Regulation .
- Interacts with company senior executive management, as well as with comparable levels external to the company, such as, existing and potential customers and teaming partners, and key suppliers-subcontractors.
- Collaborates and communicate with other individuals at all levels within the company and across functional areas and provides periodic updates to executive management, as required.
- Transition readily between international, direct commercial sales, foreign military sales, and/or federal government customer activities.
- Directs work and supervises contracts and subcontracts professionals in an integrated program team environment.
- Demonstrates executive leadership aptitude and capabilities.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Demonstrate ethics and integrity with the ability to interpret complex problems and make informed decisions.
- Demonstrate the ability to re-engineer and streamline International Contracts and Subcontracts organizations to keep pace with rapid growth, technology changes, and changing customer, government and marketplace demands.
- Demonstrate drive and purpose with the ability to adapt and lead multiple specialty teams toward common business goals and future vision.
- Manage effective teams and work groups with respect, effective communication and mutual accountability.
- Develop others through metrics-oriented goals and stretch opportunities/projects.
- Build and maintain productive working relationships, lead by example to foster team growth and collaboration through innovation, diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead through group and organizational change management initiatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and influence change toward future strategic vision.
- Experience with formal Leadership and Coaching training programs, with demonstrated ability to utilize leadership tools and resources for the growth of the functional business units and the organization as a whole.
- Can-do attitude to problem solving, open-ness to evaluate and accept new ideas.
- Masters’ degree in Business or related field along with 20 to 25 years’ experience in federal Government and commercial international contracting and subcontracting in the aerospace and defense industry.
- Requires customer engagement on complex competitive pursuits and alignment with strategic international suppliers as key discriminators for success.
- Possesses advanced conflict resolution and planning capability.
- Proven capability to write and/or rewrite contractual language, and recommend alternate contractual language.
- Availability to travel to international and domestic locations as necessary.
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager