Treasury ManagerDate posted 12/05/2018
Job ID#: 21787BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Treasury Manager
Job Category: Finance/Accounting
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Treasury Manager to join our Treasury Department, located in Torrey Pines, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements, controls and monitors cash management systems, procedures, and transactions.
- Monitors all banking activity including agreements, programs and platforms with domestic and international financial institutions.
- Reviews cash requirements and plans, prepares short-term investments and recommends revolving debt drawings and repayments.
- Oversees travel management and policies, corporate cashiering, collections and deposits, customer and vendor credit analysis, letters of credit, electronic payments and foreign exchange transactions.
- Assists the VP/Treasurer in the implementation and administration of credit agreements and arrangements.
- Represents the company with financial institutions and provides leadership in developing the broader Treasury team.
- Prepares various financial reports for the control and monitoring of various cash management procedures for domestic and international financial institutions, including bank and investment accounts, electronic payments, collateral accounts and long-and short-term debt instruments.
- Resolves moderately complex accounting issues related to treasury and banking activities.
- Oversees compliance reporting to lenders and auditors.
- Contributes to the development and modification of treasury policies, procedures and practices.
- Manages the team of Travel Manager and corporate travel programs.
- Oversees collections, deposits and credit analysis activities.
- Completes applications to issue and amend letters of credit and other performance guarantees.
- May act on behalf of senior Treasury executives on financial and business decisions.
- Responsible for selecting, motivating, training, directing and evaluating staff.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Utilizes MS Office Suite, SAP and other applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related discipline and eleven or more years of progressively complex finance, accounting and treasury experience with at least five of those years in a management or lead position.
- Equivalent professional finance, accounting, or treasury experience may be substituted in lieu of the educational requirement.
- An MBA, CPA or CMA certification and/or major accounting firm experience is highly desirable.
- Must demonstrate leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones.
- Must possess the ability to resolve complex management and financial problems and serve as spokesperson with financial institutions.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other departments, all levels of management, professional and support staff and representatives of financial institutions.
- Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment.
- Extended hours and travel as required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No