Experienced Training Developer - Administrative ServicesDate posted 07/12/2016
Job ID#: 9179BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Experienced Training Developer - Administrative Services
Job Category: Administrative
City: San Diego
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The recently formed GA-ASI Organizational Training department needs a Training Developer/Instructional Designer to support the business requests for training development to include the following:
- Conduct effective facilitation of subject matter expert (SME) meetings and content/information gathering meetings for development of appropriate data for learning solutions.
- Design and develop Instructor Led Training (ILT) presentations and materials.
- Design, develop, post, manage, update and maintain web-based training (WBT).
- Convert ILT presentations into web-based training.
- Develop training manuals and training aids.
- Revamp current web based training to meet training standards.
- Maintain, revise and develop OPI ILTs and WBTs after go-live.
- Collaborate with SMEs to develop and execute regularly scheduled facility tours.
- Design, develop and execute performance solution.
- Prepare facilitators to deliver training solutions (through train the trainer) when required as part of the contracted deliverables.
- Curriculum Development, Coordination, & Maintenance.
- Training Effectiveness Assessment & Evaluation.
- Typically requires education/formal training equivalent to a Bachelors Degree in a related field and six or more years experience designing, developing and administering training programs.
- Must have a mastery of incorporating Instructional System Design (ISD) principles into creative, interactive and engaging web based learning modules.
- Expert level mastery of Articulate Storyline, Captivate, Camtasia, or similar training development software.
- Previous experience of the ADDIE model and Learning Management System (LMS).
- Must have in-depth knowledge and experience in the application of adult learning, coaching and organizational development concepts, theories, regulations and best practices.
- Previous development of web-based and instructor-led training material/courses.
- Ability to successfully work in collaboration with Subject Matter Experts and/or Technical personnel.
- Must possess excellent facilitation skills.
- Must possess strong customer service skills.
- Must be customer focused and possess strong critical thinking and analytical skills to identify organizational issues of diverse scope and complexity, develop solutions, and implement action plans.
- Must be able to work independently on several projects simultaneously with internal motivation to finish assigned projects on time.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have previous experience with Microsoft Suite; especially PowerPoint.