Experienced Training Developer / Instructional DesignerDate posted 07/12/2016
Job ID#: 9179BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Experienced Training Developer / Instructional Designer
Job Category: Administrative
City: San Diego
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity to work as a Training Developer/Instructional Designer located out of Poway, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct effective facilitation of subject matter expert (SME) meetings and content/information gathering meetings for development of appropriate data for learning solutions.
- Design and develop Instructor Led Training (ILT) presentations and materials.
- Design, develop, post, manage, update and maintain web-based training (WBT).
- Convert ILT presentations into web-based training.
- Develop training manuals and training aids.
- Revamp current web based training to meet training standards.
- Maintain, revise and develop OPI ILTs and WBTs after go-live.
- Collaborate with SMEs to develop and execute regularly scheduled facility tours.
- Design, develop and execute performance solution.
- Prepare facilitators to deliver training solutions (through train the trainer) when required as part of the contracted deliverables.
- Curriculum Development, Coordination, & Maintenance.
- Training Effectiveness Assessment & Evaluation.
- Typically requires education/formal training equivalent to a Bachelors Degree in a related field and six or more years experience designing, developing and administering training programs.
- Must have a mastery of incorporating Instructional System Design (ISD) principles into creative, interactive and engaging web based learning modules.
- Expert level mastery of Articulate Storyline, Captivate, Camtasia, or similar training development software.
- Previous experience of the ADDIE model and Learning Management System (LMS).
- Must have in-depth knowledge and experience in the application of adult learning, coaching and organizational development concepts, theories, regulations and best practices.
- Previous development of web-based and instructor-led training material/courses.
- Ability to successfully work in collaboration with Subject Matter Experts and/or Technical personnel.
- Must possess excellent facilitation skills.
- Must possess strong customer service skills.
- Must be customer focused and possess strong critical thinking and analytical skills to identify organizational issues of diverse scope and complexity, develop solutions, and implement action plans.
- Must be able to work independently on several projects simultaneously with internal motivation to finish assigned projects on time.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have previous experience with Microsoft Suite; especially PowerPoint.