Temporary Publications CoordinatorDate posted 01/07/2017
Job ID#: 10668BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Temporary Publications Coordinator
Job Category: Strategic Development
City: San Diego
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting temporary opportunity for a Intermediate Level Publications Coordinator in our Strategic Development Publications team.
- Formats, produces and revises technical documents, proposals, presentations, reports, scientific journal articles, and marketing materials from handwritten and electronic documents.
- Prepares and proofs graphics for integration into desktop publication programs.
- May create full color viewgraphs and posters.
- Edits material for spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Maintains electronic and physical files for all publication material.
- Maintains up to date desktop publishing skills including integrating text and graphics and publishing on the web.
- May have responsibility or input on reproduction and printing processes through in-house resources or outside vendors.
- Contacts are frequent with individuals representing other departments and/or representing outside organizations.
- Typically requires a High School diploma and four or more years of progressive experience in desktop publishing/word processing in a commercial or government organization or a related field.
- Must demonstrate the ability to use a PC or MAC computer to transcribe text, tables, figures, and forms; and, have a complete understanding of applicable software such as MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Photoshop, Quark Press, and Adobe Illustrator as well as experience demonstrating the effective use of the software.
- Must possess the ability to organize, schedule, meet established timelines, and coordinate multiple work phases; determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level; and, provide solutions to a variety of complex publishing/word processing problems.
- Must be able to communicate and interface effectively with all levels of professional staff, including management, interpret and explain complex information, establish priorities, and respond to complex issues or situations that require evaluation and interpretation, and ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Able to work extended hours as required.