Supplier Administrator - Procurement Compliance AdvisorDate posted 09/03/2016
Job ID#: 9742BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Supplier Administrator - Procurement Compliance Advisor
Job Category: Contracts/Sub Contracts/Purchasing
City: San Diego
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Supplier Administrator / Procurement Advisor to join the team in Poway, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understanding of federal procurement regulations and processes is required (e.g. FAR, DFAR, TINA, CAS, ITAR, EAR)
- Must be experienced in performing pre- and post-award reviews of subcontracts and purchase order files to insure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and procedures
- May perform as Point of Contact for DCAA/DCMA audit or customer RFI requests encompassing subcontracts, material procurement, including developing corrective action plans.
- Make recommendations for process improvement in terms of procedures, training, compliance management
- Previous experience as buyer or subcontract administrator is a plus, including experience with subcontract close-outs
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications and functional knowledge of SAP or similar MRP programs
- Must be detail oriented, with good interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a Team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to teach or mentor other personnel in a collaborative manner
- Collect and analyze performance metrics to identify trends & areas for process improvements.
- Able to work under pressure, meet tight timelines, manage priorities, and multitask as needed.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information. Other duties assigned as required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Business Administration or related discipline and ten or more years of progressive professional supplier administration or management experience.
- Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education. Must have a thorough understanding of supplier administration, supply chain, purchasing, material management, production and/or material control practices, concepts, principles and regulations; and, experience demonstrating a broad application of those principles, concepts, and practices.
- Must possess the ability to provide leadership in developing and communicating new concepts; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize, schedule and coordinate multiple work phases; determine the appropriate approach at the task or project level; and, provide innovative solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Must have excellent communication, computer, documentation, presentation and interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and lead a team; capable of representing the organization as the prime contact and, provide leadership to less experienced professional and support employees on projects.
- Able to work extended hours and travel as required.