Summer Internship 2020 - Contracts
San Diego, California
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Hourly
Job Level: Internship
Travel: 0% - 25%
What makes a successful Summer Internship 2020 - Contracts at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Summer internship in our Contract & Procurement Operations organization located in Poway, CA.
This position is available for undergraduate students to participate in supervised practical training in a professional field. Assists in the completion of non-routine and advanced tasks; assists in the analysis, investigation and solution of non-routine problems; and assists in developing electronic and hard copy documentation as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide instruction and hands on experience in the field of Contracts & Procurement Operations by assisting with special projects as assigned.
- Tracking and facilitating the processing of various contracts & agreements, including interactions with other GA departments and outside parties.
- Participates in the day to day activities of assigned functional area assisting in the completion of non-routine and advanced tasks.
- Assists in applying knowledge to analyze, investigate and resolve non-routine problems.
- Assists in developing electronic and hard copy reports, records, diagrams and charts.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires enrollment as an undergraduate student at a recognized college or university.
- Experience with process analysis is a plus.
- Must have experience with flow charts and extensive knowledge of using Excel.
- Experience with development environments and technologies such as SAP, K2, SharePoint and/or SQL highly desired.
- Must possess: (1) the ability to understand new concepts and apply them accurately; (2) the ability to follow general and detailed instructions as well as organizational policies and procedures; (3) good communication and interpersonal skills to enable effective interface with internal professionals; (4) the ability to work independently or in a team environment; and (5) basic computer skills.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager