Subcontract AdministratorDate posted 09/23/2016
Job ID#: 9932BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Subcontract Administrator
Job Category: Contracts/Sub Contracts/Purchasing
City: San Diego
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Subcontracts Administrator to work within our Subcontracts team, located in Rancho Bernardo, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under general direction, this position is responsible for providing subcontract support to one or more business units. Areas of responsibility include market research, source evaluation, source selection, negotiation of terms and conditions for the procurement of materials, equipment, and services to provide for subcontract awards in accordance with company policy and department standard operating procedures.
- Selects or recommends subcontractors, issues awards, and administers resulting subcontracts.
- Responds to complex and diverse inquiries which may require innovative solutions and participates in cost and pricing reviews independently or with program management and customer representatives.
- Prepares, analyzes and evaluates bids and proposals to ensure they meet company policy and department operating procedures.
- Identifies subcontract issues and develops solutions.
- Participates in and may lead negotiating and modifying standard subcontract provisions and assists in negotiating and modifying non-standard contracts/subcontracts.
- May advise management of contractual rights and obligations and provide review and interpretation of terms and conditions.
- May represent the organization as an administrative contact on assigned subcontracts and make presentations as required.
- Maintains, analyzes, updates, and develops various electronic and hard copy records.
- Maintains an awareness of US Government regulatory changes and their impact on subcontracts.
- May participate in the selection, development, and training of subcontract staff.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in business administration with an emphasis in supply chain management, contract administration, or a related discipline, along with six or more years of progressive professional experience. Equivalent professional purchasing, subcontract or contract administration experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have a complete understanding of acquisition principles, theories and concepts and experience demonstrating the application of those practices, techniques, and standards.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to develop solutions to a variety of complex problems; (2) excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to accurately document and report findings to a variety of audiences; (3) excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide employees, managers, customers and other external parties; and, (4) excellent computer skills.
- Knowledge of Performance Based Invoicing and familiarity with FAR/DFARS Regulations required.
- Working knowledge of SAP is desirable.
- Prior experience with Firm Fixed Price, Cost Reimbursable, Grants and/or Cooperative Agreements is desired.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.