Subcontract AdministratorDate posted 04/25/2019
Job ID#: 23627BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Subcontract Administrator
Job Category: Contracts/Sub Contracts/Purchasing
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Subcontracts Administrator to work within our Subcontracts team, located in Poway, CA.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews, interprets, and recommends contractual terms and conditions and interprets established policies, procedures, and standard practices to develop proactive plans to ensure that subcontract activities achieve desired objectives and timetables.
- Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders’ conferences, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes awards and administers resulting subcontracts.
- Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts.
- May represent the organization as an administrative contact on assigned subcontracts; interacts with program management, customers, and vendor personnel; responds to a variety of complex inquiries, some of which require innovative solutions; and participates in cost and pricing reviews with program management and customer representatives.
- Maintains, analyzes, updates, and develops various electronic and hard copy records.
- May provide direction and training to less experienced staff on subcontract matters and may make presentations as required.
- Develops subcontract specifications, statements of work, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and services.
- Prepares bid packages, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, and administers resulting subcontracts.
- Completes detailed RFP/RFQ’s for time and material, labor-hour, cost reimbursable and fixed price work efforts.
- Negotiates, administers and closes-out subcontracts.
- Performs cost and price analysis on subcontractor’s proposals.
- Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions or modifications to subcontracts.
- Analyzes and evaluates potential problems with subcontractor commitments, assesses the impact of subcontractor delays, assists in developing recovery plans and recommends solutions.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations to include the FAR and DFAR and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to maintain a productive and safe working environment in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Identifies subcontract issues and develops solutions.
- Reviews, drafts as necessary, and negotiates terms and conditions of teaming, license, and memorandum of understanding agreements.
- May advise management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions.
- Maintains as awareness of regulatory changes and their impact on contracts/subcontracts, including-export considerations.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in business administration with an emphasis in supply chain management, contract administration, or a related discipline, along with ten or more years of progressive professional experience. Equivalent professional purchasing, subcontract, or contract administration experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Working familiarity with FAR Parts 6,12,15,16 and 30
- Should be able to describe methods for contract formation (Cost Reimbursable, Fixed Price and Time and Materials Procurement's).
- Understanding of the relationship between fees awarded to Suppliers and related risks [Weighted Guidelines].
- Foundation with I.T.A.R. [International Traffic & Arms Regulations] involving foreign procurement's.
- Understand Subcontract Administrator roles as it pertains to price and cost analysis, Supplier fact-finds, labor and materials pricing analysis.
- Provide a detailed description as to how a Purchase Order/Subcontract file is assembled and what are the essential elements of it.
- Understanding of how to negotiate and document completed negotiations.
- Must have the initiative to problem solve and bring issues to closure.
- Must demonstrate competence with Cost Reimbursable contracts and price analysis techniques.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No