San Diego, California
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Job Level: Mid-Level (3-7 years)
Travel: 0 - 25
What makes a successful Subcontract Administrator at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Subcontracts Administrator to work within our Subcontracts team for the following locations: Rancho Bernardo, CA, Huntsville, AL, or Centennial, CO.
Under general direction, this position’s areas of responsibility include source evaluation, source selection, and terms and conditions for the procurement of materials, equipment, and services to provide for subcontract awards in accordance with company policy and department standard operating procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares, analyzes and evaluates bids and proposals to ensure they are compliant with company policy, program requirements and department operating procedures.
- Identifies subcontract issues and provides leadership in developing solutions.
- Advises management of its contractual rights and obligations and provides review and interpretation of terms and conditions.
- Responds to very complex and diverse inquiries which may require innovative solutions and participates in cost and pricing reviews with program management and customer representatives.
- Represents the organization as the primary subcontract administrator on assigned subcontracts making presentations as required.
- Maintains, analyzes, updates, and develops various electronic and hard copy records.
- Maintains an awareness of regulatory changes and their impact on subcontracts.
- Supports all internal and external audit activities.
- Provides direction and training to assigned professional staff.
- Utilizes MS Office Suite, SAP and other applications.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in business administration with an emphasis in supply chain management, contract administration, or a related discipline, along with six or more years of progressive professional experience. Equivalent professional purchasing, subcontract or contract administration experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have a complete understanding of acquisition principles, theories and concepts and experience demonstrating the application of those practices, techniques, and standards.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to develop solutions to a variety of complex problems; (2) excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to accurately document and report findings to a variety of audiences; (3) excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide employees, managers, customers and other external parties; and, (4) excellent computer skills.
- Working knowledge of SAP is desirable.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Must be well versed in Government Contracting (i.e., FAR, DFARS, ITAR).
- Must have experience in cost type as well as fixed price subcontracting.
- Must possess the ability to provide leadership in developing and communicating new concepts; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize, schedule and coordinate multiple work phases; determine the appropriate approach at the task or project level.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; capable of representing the organization as a primary contact on subcontract matters with program management, vendors, and customers and, provide leadership to less experienced professional employees on projects.
- Able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is desired.
- Professional certification in subcontract administration is desired.
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager