Sr. Software DeveloperDate posted 05/30/2019
Job ID#: 24071BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Sr. Software Developer
Job Category: Engineering
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Experienced C# Software Developer to join our Mission Systems division, directly supporting our Cockpit (CA) team, within the Mission Systems Software Group in Rancho Bernardo, CA.
Under general supervision, with limited review, this Software Developer will independently determine approaches/solutions for the design, development and/or modification of specific programs or projects for enterprise-wide end-user, system level, and data management software applications.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Involved in planning of application development and deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards on specific programs or projects.
- Communicates with domain experts, outside customers, users, and management throughout the software development lifecycle.
- This position will include Windows application development for sensor management software throughout the software life-cycle.
- Programming duties shall include development of integrating new sensors (e.g. EO/IR, radar), implementing user interfaces, and interfaces to other systems.
- Essential functions include:
- Determine user requirements and specifications and plan for software development within the broader organizational scope. Software development includes end–user, system level, and data management applications.
- Formulate detailed plans for the implementation of software solutions. In addition to program design this includes determining language, platform, and resource requirements.
- Implementation of design including coding, testing, and documentation.
- Evaluates integration of software applications with the overall computing environment; responsible for documentation, testing, maintenance, and software updates.
- Deployment of applications across the enterprise including cross-platform compliance and insuring availability of necessary resources.
- Code maintenance including debugging and updating to keep pace with the evolving environment.
- Assist in planning for future applications based on new developments in computer technology.
- Communicate with the software developer group, with users, and with management as well as with the wider community.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree, masters' degree or PhD in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline and progressive software development experience as follows; nine or more years of experience with a bachelor's degree, seven or more years of experience with a master's degree, or four or more years with a PhD.
- Must have a complete understanding of software development concepts, principles, and theory and demonstrate complete understanding and application of programming and analysis concepts.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases and, determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level and to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Must have strong communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team; and, lead a team of less experienced professional employees on semi-routine tasks.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with:
- C# (or similar languages)
- IP Protocols
- Hardware Communication
- Must be able to obtain and maintain DOD Security Clearance.
- U.S. citizenship required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? Desired
Clearance Level Secret