Sr. SAP Business Analyst - HR & AdministrationDate posted 08/27/2016
Job ID#: 9647BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Sr. SAP Business Analyst - HR & Administration
Job Category: Information Technology
City: San Diego
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We are currently in need of a Senior SAP Business Analyst to join our HR and Administration value stream team here in San Diego, CA.
This position is responsible for hands on solution architecture, delivery, and ongoing management of the Human Resources (HR) and Payroll (PY) functions using SAP application suites - ECC, CATS, SuccessFactors, and Business Intelligence (BI), and various HR.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As part of GA’s ITS Value Stream team, the individual will participate in supporting the GA&A business in the following value stream tracks:
- Human Resources
Lead meetings and discussions on new project initiatives throughout all of the phases of typical ITS projects under minimal supervision:
- Perform Project Management Duties
- Facilitate process-oriented meetings
- Understand and identify areas for process improvement through functional and technical solutions
- Distinguish between a reasonable business requirement vs. solution requirement
- Document the process flow in a swim lane format
- Prototype solution options theoretically and in an available system such as a sandbox
- Write functional specifications for complex development objects (Forms, Reports, Interfaces, Conversion, Enhancements, and Workflow)
Configure SAP system in the responsible modules:
- HR: Employee Master, Organizational Management, Reporting
- Payroll: Payroll calculations, Reporting
- Time and Attendance: CATS, Labor processing
- Employee Central
- Talent Solutions
- Engage customers for user acceptance test
- Manage transports involved in system configuration and development using Solution Manager - CHARM
- Identify, track, and resolve issues from all phases of the project
- Communicate project statuses both positive and negative in a concise and meaningful manner
- Work closely with the SAP technical developers, basis, security, and other functional analysts for cross-functional delivery of complex solutions
- Follows established change control procedures for migration to QA and Production.
- Provide direction, guidance, and training to less experienced staff and may on occasions be asked to lead Projects
- Represent ITS and the value stream as a delegate when necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field and fourteen or more years of progressive applications experience with at least three of those years in management/lead solution architect role. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate a thorough understanding of SAP principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Must possess a minimum of 7+ years of hands-on SAP functional experience in the HCM, Payroll, and Time&Attendance modules
- ABAP debugging skills, knowledge of user exits, function modules, and relational database skills are preferred
- Cross-functional working knowledge of other SAP modules (FI, CO, MM, PP, QM, EAS, and their various sub areas)
- SuccessFactors experience is preferred
- Proven track record as a senior SAP Business Analyst or as a senior functional consultant with multiple implementation projects as well as support experience at medium to large size companies
- Must possess the ability to follow best practices regarding documentation and unit testing
- Must be able to manage several projects, tickets, and other deliverables in a fast-paced environment and multi-task without sacrificing quality of work
- Must demonstrate a thorough understanding of SAP methodology, principles, theories, concepts and techniques
- Must demonstrate strong Project Management skills and project execution
- Demonstrate leadership skills including planning, scheduling, and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates.
- Must possess the ability to contribute to the development of new processes, as well as effectively identify, analyze and resolve highly complex business process and technical issues.
- Must be customer focused, demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings, and possess excellent interpersonal skills to interface with all levels of employees.
- Must be a team player with demonstrated professional/social interpersonal relationship management skills
- Must be able to maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information
- Must be able to work extended hours and travel between Company facilities as required.
- Must have proven leadership skills including planning, scheduling, and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them in an evolving environment while contributing to the development of new processes.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify and analyze issues and develop solutions to a variety of highly complex and diverse problems; (2) excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings; (3) excellent interpersonal skills to interface with all levels of employees, management and external contacts; (4) the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information; and (5) excellent computer skills. Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential, to multi-task in a fast-pacSed work environment. Experience working in a Government contracting environment
- SAP and SuccessFactors functional experience in Aerospace and Defense industry is a major plus
- Knowledge of general business processes in “human resources”, “timekeeping”, and “payroll” areas
- Must be a U.S. Person to work in Export/Control areas.