Sr Communications SpecialistDate posted 11/05/2016
Job ID#: 10253BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Sr Communications Specialist
Job Category: Strategic Development
City: San Diego
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sr Communications Specialist to join our Strategic Development team here in San Diego. In this position, successful candidate is responsible for the preparation of internal and external communications and publications. Provides support in communicating the corporate image through researching, writing and editing, press releases, white papers, speeches, briefings, internal communications, online communications and other related documents. The position is responsible for influencing public opinion, corporate image, and policy decisions through strategic communications activities. Has frequent contact with senior internal personnel as well as external representatives representing the organization on major matters pertaining to policies, plans and objectives. Develops, selects, and reviews editorials and special articles. Develops, recommends, and maintains editorial policy and procedure. Gathers and analyzes data to obtain items for publication and to verify facts; assigns or approves artwork; approves final proofs and page layouts, and websites; and oversees production and distribution of material.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops communications and marketing materials by writing, editing and preparing press releases, promotional materials, articles, briefings, video scripts and other key marketing documents for the Company.
- Develops presentations, and talking points for key executives as needed.
- Develops and recommends changes/updates/modifications to editorial practices and participates in policy and procedure revisions ensuring all company standards are met.
- Supports the development of written and collateral material for internal and external distribution, including websites and social media.
- Identifies and manages graphics, photography and video projects in coordination with the Corporate Publications Department.
- Consults with internal staff and external representatives, agents, and consultants representing the organization in matters pertaining to plans and objectives.
- Develops and manages relationships with media organizations, and acts as liaison with external media.
- Assists in the coordination of activities such as trade shows, advertising, and public relations.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in marketing, communications, or a related discipline and fifteen or more years of progressive professional experience in the marketing or communications field.
- The individual must be an agile writer capable of developing a wide range of written products, ranging from press releases to web-content, frequently on tight deadlines.
- Must be solution focused and possess: (1) the ability to develop solutions to a variety of unusual and complex problems; (2) excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to accurately convey information to a variety of audiences; (3) excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide employees, senior managers and external parties; and (4) Excellent working knowledge of MS Office computer applications and operations pertinent to the field.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.