Software Test AnalystDate posted 05/23/2019
Job ID#: 24035BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Software Test Analyst
Job Category: Engineering
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
With limited direction, this position conducts software inspection, testing, verification, and validation. Reviews software design and change specifications to ensure software testing measures meet acceptable reliability standards and program objectives. Develops, modifies, and executes software testing plans, some of which may be complex. May lead and provide consultation for the analysis and development of test standards and procedures for software development and maintenance. Participates in and may advise the development of software quality testing, operating methods, and processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews software design and change specifications. Determines requirements and specifications for software inspection, testing, verification, and/or validation.
- Develops, modifies and executes software testing plans for assigned software, some of which may be complex.
- Conducts software inspections, testing, verification, and validation of assigned software.
- Develops documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modifying software. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality, and recommends corrective action.
- Provides feedback for the technical appraisal of the tested software program(s), and monitors its deployment across the appropriate system (s).
- May lead and provide consultation for the development/updating of test standards and procedures software development and software testing.
- May provide training or direction to less experienced staff.
- May represent the organization as a primary contact with customers and outside organizations, interacting with senior personnel on significant matters.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices. Other duties assigned as required.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree in computer science, information systems or a related discipline and fourteen or more years of professional software quality analyst experience. Equivalent professional quality analyst experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have a detailed understanding of software quality analysis concepts, theory, and operations. Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to develop creative solutions to a variety of complex problems; (2) excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to accurately document and report findings to a variety of audiences which may include senior management and representatives; and, (3) excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide other employees and managers. The ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
- U.S. citizenship required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? Desired