Software DeveloperDate posted 05/30/2019
Job ID#: 24070BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Software Developer
Job Category: Engineering
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Developer, to join our GA-ASI: Mission Systems division, directly supporting the Cockpit Software (CA) group, here in Rancho Bernardo, CA.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under general supervision with limited review, this position independently determines approaches/solutions for the design, development and/or modification of specific programs or projects for enterprise-wide end-user, system level, and data management software applications.
- Involved in planning of application development and deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards on specific programs or projects. .
- Evaluates integration of software applications with the overall computing environment. Responsible for documentation, testing, maintenance, and software updates.
- Communicates with domain experts, users, and management throughout the software development lifecycle.
- This position will include Windows application development for sensor management software throughout the software life-cycle.
- Programming duties shall include development of integrating new sensors (e.g. EO/IR, radar), implementing user interfaces, and interfaces to other systems.
- Technologies being used: C#, Object-oriented & WPF.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree, master's degree or PhD in computer science, information systems or a related discipline and progressive software development experience as follows; four or more years of experience with a bachelor's degree or two or more years of experience with a master's degree. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a complete understanding of software development concepts, principles, and theory and demonstrate complete understanding and application of programming and analysis concepts.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Good communication, computer and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other professionals, to produce appropriate documentation, and to present results to a limited internal audience.
- The ability to work both independently and on a team is essential.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- DESIRED SKILLS INCLUDE:
- Novel/lateral thinking
- Hardware communication experience
- IP protocols knowledge
- UI experience
- Must be able to obtain and maintain DoD security clearance.
- U.S. citizenship required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
US Citizenship Required? Yes
Clearance Required? Desired
Clearance Level Secret