Software Developer in TestDate posted 05/30/2019
Job ID#: 24073BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Software Developer in Test
Job Category: Engineering
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Software Developer in Test, to join our GA-ASI: Mission Systems division, directly supporting our Claw Payload Software team, based in San Diego, CA (Rancho Bernardo).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Windows application development for sensor management software throughout the software life-cycle.
- Software Developer programming duties shall include implementing high end user interfaces to control sensors (e.g. EO/IR, radar) and exploit their data for ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance) related programs.
- Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) duties include writing and executing automated tests, analyzing and reporting test results, integrating automated sensor simulation, and developing test tools.
- Candidate should possess strong conceptual understanding of software, development concepts, theory, and operations.
- Should have a solid background in object oriented design and development.
- Will assist in all areas of software development including gathering requirements, designing, coding, testing, fixing, deploying and documenting.
- Typically requires a bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline and two or more years progressive software development experience with a bachelor's degree. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Experience in developing in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and Development is preferred.
- Experience in working in any of the following technologies is preferred; C#, WPF, UI, and IP protocols.
- Travel to onsite locations to may be required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.
- U.S. citizenship required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
US Citizenship Required? Yes
Clearance Required? Desired
Clearance Level Secret