SharePoint AdministratorDate posted 10/19/2016
Job ID#: 10114BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: SharePoint Administrator
Job Category: Information Technology
City: San Diego
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
With limited direction, this person is responsible for maintaining the operation of the company’s SharePoint and Project Server environments and interfaces. Duties will include:
- Supports the daily operations of the SharePoint/Project Server environments and interfaces including code migrations, setup/configuration, operational monitoring, troubleshooting and error handling, performance/tuning, and problem determination and resolution.
- Monitor usage, performance and health of servers and SharePoint environment
- Review Event & ULS logs and troubleshoot errors and issues
- Monitor and maintain FAST Search environment, work to improve search results
- Monitor disk space usage, evaluate trends in storage to assist with recommendations for expansion or maintenance needs
- Monitor Service Applications, Verify web applications and top level sites
- Develops, configures, and maintains the SharePoint/Project Server landscape which includes installing, analyzing and monitoring the SharePoint landscape and third party applications integrated with SharePoint in accordance with industry system and security best practices.
- Assist with Farm Administration as needed
- Designs, configures and optimizes the architecture of SharePoint/Project Server systems, including web, application and database servers at the direction of the Farm Administrators or Team Lead
- Ensures optimal system performance, security, and operation of SharePoint/Project Server environments.
- Assist with server security, SharePoint security and maintaining proper permissions use
- Formulates plans and guides the implementation of system changes or upgrades including deployment, resource requirements, testing, documentation, and integration and compliance matters.
- Perform or assist with implementation of changes, upgrades or deployments as directed
- Provides creative technical solutions to a wide range of highly complex problems.
- Assist end-users and team members with system issues as needed
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- May represents the organization as a prime technical contact on SharePoint matters.
- May provide direction and guidance to less experienced professional staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server is a plus
- Experience with SharePoint 2013/2016 in a Farm Administration or Site Collection Administrator role on-premise is a plus
- Experience upgrading or migrating content from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013/2016 on-premise
- K2 experience – preferably in an administration role, however any K2 experience is a plus
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related discipline and 6 or more years of progressive professional experience in an Information Technology department primarily in Systems Applications Administration, with 4 of those years in SharePoint or related application. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate an extensive technical understanding and expertise in SharePoint infrastructure principles, theories, concepts and practices including but not limited to system design, performance tuning and measurement, system and account security best practice management, back-up, recovery (including disaster recovery planning and testing), configuration, TCP/IP and related protocols, security/firewalls, web servers, load balancing, and network concepts.
- Must possess the ability to contribute to the development of new processes or systems; resolve complex technical problems; serve as a technical expert in related information technology areas. Must have experience with and/or knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010, Microsoft Project Server 2010/SharePoint integration, SQL 2008 R2 and Microsoft Business Intelligence stack, Windows PowerShell, industry best practices regarding managing content securely within a SharePoint Intranet/Extranet environment.
- Must also understand SharePoint 2010 Disaster recovery best practices.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop innovative solutions to a variety of complex matters; (2) excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings to a variety of audiences including senior management and senior external parties: (3) excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide all levels of employees, including senior managers and senior external parties; (4) the ability to maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information; (5) the ability to effectively and efficiently initiate, plan, and manage projects; (6) the ability to represent the company as a technical expert on external projects; and (7) excellent computer skills. Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Must be a U.S. person to work in secured or export controlled areas.