Senior Subcontract Administrator
San Diego, California
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Job Level: Mid-Level (3-7 years)
Travel: 0% - 25%
What makes a successful Senior Subcontract Administrator at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Subcontract Administrator to work within our Subcontracts team, located in Poway, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares, analyzes and evaluates bids and proposals to ensure they meet company policy and department operating procedures.
- Identifies subcontract issues and develops solutions.
- Participates in and may lead negotiating and modifying standard subcontract provisions and assists in negotiating and modifying non-standard contracts/subcontracts.
- Reviews, drafts as necessary, and negotiates terms and conditions of non-disclosure and teaming agreements.
- Selects or recommends subcontractors, issues awards, and administers resulting subcontracts.
- May advise management of contractual rights and obligations and provide review and interpretation of terms and conditions.
- May represent the organization as an administrative contact on assigned subcontracts and make presentations as required.
- Maintains, analyzes, updates, and develops various electronic and hard copy records.
- Maintains an awareness of regulatory changes and their impact on subcontracts, including export considerations.
- May participate in the selection, development, and training of subcontract staff.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Responds to complex and diverse inquiries which may require innovative solutions and participates in cost and pricing reviews with program management and customer representatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in business administration with an emphasis in supply chain management, contract administration, or a related discipline, along with six or more years of progressive professional experience. Equivalent professional purchasing, subcontract or contract administration experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have a complete understanding of acquisition principles, theories and concepts and experience demonstrating the application of those practices, techniques, and standards.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to develop solutions to a variety of complex problems; (2) excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to accurately document and report findings to a variety of audiences; (3) excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide employees, managers, customers and other external parties; and, (4) excellent computer skills.
- Working knowledge of SAP is desirable.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential.
- Ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Seeking experience with government type contracts as well as FAR, DFAR, contract types (FFP, LTA, IDIQ, T&M, etc.).
- Seeking experience with high volume, extended year production subcontracts.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager