Senior Subcontract Administrator
San Diego, California
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Job Level: Mid-Level (3-7 years)
Travel: 0% - 25%
What makes a successful Senior Subcontract Administrator at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Subcontract Administrator to work within our Subcontracts team, located in Poway, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews, interprets, and recommends contractual terms and conditions and interprets established policies, procedures, and standard practices to develop proactive plans to ensure that subcontract activities achieve desired objectives and timetables.
- Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders’ conferences, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes awards and administers resulting subcontracts.
- Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts.
- May represent the organization as an administrative contact on assigned subcontracts; interacts with program management, customers, and vendor personnel; responds to a variety of complex inquiries, some of which require innovative solutions; and participates in cost and pricing reviews with program management and customer representatives.
- Maintains, analyzes, updates, and develops various electronic and hard copy records.
- May provide direction and training to less experienced staff on subcontract matters and may make presentations as required.
- Develops subcontract specifications, statements of work, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and services.
- Prepares bid packages, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, and administers resulting subcontracts.
- Completes detailed RFP/RFQ’s for time and material, labor-hour, cost reimbursable and fixed price work efforts.
- Negotiates, administers and closes-out subcontracts.
- Performs cost and price analysis on subcontractor’s proposals.
- Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions or modifications to subcontracts.
- Analyzes and evaluates potential problems with subcontractor commitments, assesses the impact of subcontractor delays, assists in developing recovery plans and recommends solutions.
- Maintains as awareness of regulatory changes and their impact on contracts/subcontracts, including-export considerations.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations to include the FAR and DFAR and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in business administration with an emphasis in supply chain management, contract administration, or a related discipline, along with six or more years of progressive professional experience. Equivalent professional purchasing, subcontract or contract administration experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Working familiarity with FAR Parts 6,12,15,16 and 30.
- Should be able to describe methods for contract formation (Cost Reimbursable, Fixed Price and Time and Materials Procurement's).
- Understanding of the relationship between fees awarded to Suppliers and related risks [Weighted Guidelines].
- Foundation with I.T.A.R. [International Traffic & Arms Regulations] involving foreign procurement's.
- Understand Subcontract Administrator roles as it pertains to price and cost analysis, Supplier fact-finds, labor and materials pricing analysis.
- Provide a detailed description as to how a Purchase Order/Subcontract file is assembled and what the essential elements of it.
- Understanding of how to negotiate and document completed negotiations.
- Must have the initiative to problem solve and bring issues to closure.
- Must have the ability to work extended hours as required.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager