Senior Project Control AnalystSan Diego, California
Job Summary General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Control Analyst to work within our Aeronautical Systems Program Planning & Controls group in Poway, Ca. With minimal supervision, this position implements, develops, statuses and maintains proposal and contract schedules this includes, originating network structures, statusing the plan, resource loading, advanced resource and network logic balancing, Monte Carlo simulations, and integration into earned value plans on projects/programs of varying contract type, size, complexity, and level of risk.
- Ensures major Projects and Programs Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) and plans are horizontally and vertically integrated across company functional groups including finance, engineering, material, manufacturing, and quality.
- Participates in preparation, review, production, sign-off and tracking of contract deliverables.
- Utilizes Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, earned value management and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas.
- Engages with the Program Team to perform thorough project analysis showing knowledge and understanding of the program and the principles of EVMS, and suggests/creates/implements work around to enhance cost and schedule performance.
- Performs risk analyses, and identify and resolve critical path and network logic conflicts.
- Establishes and maintains cost/schedule baseline, develops Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and performs Estimates At Completion.
- Implements Earned Value Methodologies, performs related variance analysis and works with Project Managers and Senior Technical personnel to ensure uniform application of company procedures.
- Develops and implements reporting procedures to evaluate project status, valuation of work in progress, and tracking of contract deliverables.
- May participate in new business proposals as required to develop schedule, manpower, and cost estimates.
- Prepares cost/schedule, variance and earned value reports/analysis.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Typically requires education or formal training equivalent to the completion of a bachelor's degree in business administration or a related discipline, along with ten or more years of related experience.
- Must have a strong and complete understanding of the concepts, and practices involved in analyzing multiple contract types.
- Expert experience with scheduling tools and process is required.
- Recent scheduling experience with Microsoft Project or Microsoft Project On-Line required is highly desired.
- Exposure to other related project scheduling tools utilizing earned value methodology, performing DCMA 14 point analysis, and Schedule Risk Assessments.
- Experience incorporating baseline changes, critical path analysis, resolving schedule execution metrics issues and author CDRL reporting.
- Understanding of GAAP and FAR. Experience with IBRs and DCMA JSRs desirable.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand scheduling, planning and tracking procedures, and manufacturing systems in a development and production environment.
- Understands numerous facets of scheduling and contribute to the development of new scheduling concepts, techniques and standards.
- Monthly plan reconciliation, risk assessments and "what-if" will be required.
- Must be an effective communicator and able to represent the company independently on programmatic matters, as well as able to write, interpret and explain programmatic issues.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project.
- Must be able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Understanding of Manufacturing Requirements Planning (MRP) is a plus.
“Working in Research and Development means every day is something new and exciting. It's always a challenge to test new materials to see if they behave as you expect. It's never boring.”– Steven, Research & Development Engineer
"I like knowing that the projects I work on contribute to the defense of our country."– Micah, Mechanical Engineer
“I work in the Components Engineering and Obsolescence Management Dept. Our efforts are saving General Atomics several millions of dollars by proactively leading and informing the company of all these decisions which significantly impact production, sustainment and new designs.”– John, Staff Engineer