Senior Procurement Compliance Specialist
San Diego, California
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Job Level: Senior (8+ years)
Travel: 0% - 25%
What makes a successful Senior Procurement Compliance Specialist at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Procurement Compliance Specialist to join our Compliance team, located in Poway, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitates procurement system integrity and compliance.
- Applies knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and supplements, including DFARS.
- Maintains awareness of regulatory changes to support compliance with appropriate statutes, regulations and Company practices.
- Responsible for performing procurement analysis/audit to ensure compliance to regulations and Company policy.
- Participates in development and monitoring of purchasing and subcontracting activities and performance metrics to ensure company processes, procedures and standards are in compliance.
- Supports the maintenance of the Purchasing Supplier Agreement Management Procedures, including implementing changes to documentation and process, as required within procedures.
- Supports the review of Orders submitted to Compliance.
- Following the review, provides guidance to Purchasing personnel on any actions required to ensure the award is compliant to regulation and company policy.
- Conducts Post Award reviews of Orders on a periodic basis and provides results to management and Purchasing personnel.
- Collects and analyzes Compliance review data to identify trends and areas for process improvement.
- Analyzes data and situations, and develops solutions to complex problems; influences and guides on actions to be taken.
- Possess strong advocacy skills; may provide training to Purchasing staff on Compliance related matters and make presentations to audiences of varying sophistication (both orally and in writing).
- Provides direction, leadership and training to professional and technical staff.
- May participate in the development of policies and procedures.
- Represents the department as the primary contact with internal business groups.
- Represents the organization as a consultant to management and external spokesperson.
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance.
- Observes all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Works in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Business Administration or related discipline and ten or more years of progressive professional supplier administration or management experience. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have a detailed understanding of CPSR (Contractor Purchasing System Review) requirements, a working knowledge of FAR, DFARS, CAS, ITAR and EAR regulations, supplier administration, supply chain, purchasing, material management, production and/or material control practices, concepts, principles and regulations.
- Must have experience demonstrating the application of those principles, concepts, and practices.
- Must possess the ability to develop and communicate new concepts and the ability to organize, schedule and coordinate multiple work phases.
- Must be able to provide innovative solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Must have strong communication, computer, documentation, presentation and interpersonal skills, be able to work independently and in a team, and be capable of representing the organization as the prime contact.
- Able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager