OCR EASE Trade Compliance Administrator
San Diego, California
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Job Level: Senior (8+ years)
Travel: 0 - 25
What makes a successful OCR EASE Trade Compliance Administrator at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We have an exciting opportunity in San Diego, CA (Torrey Pines) or a Senior OCR EASE Trade Compliance Administrator.
Under consultative direction, this position is responsible for leading our enterprise-wide efforts to automate our international trade compliance processes (which are being built around SAP and the OCR EASE trade compliance software suite).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reporting to the Director of International Trade Compliance, this individual will assist in establishing and evolving automated import-export processes through our OCR EASE international trade compliance software suite.
- As needed, the position will also provide compliance support to international transactions under diverse US regulations, including ITAR, EAR, NRC, DOE, OFAC, and CBP.
- The successful candidate will have import and export controls subject matter knowledge, experience in international trade compliance software implementation and administration.
- This individual will also have experience in preparing and delivering training, project management, and excellent skills as a business liaison.
- Develops and delivers training to users in support of OCR EASE international trade compliance software.
- Prepares management reports, metrics of import-export compliance activity and status updates on various OCR EASE and international trade compliance related activities.
- Provides trade automation-related guidance on export and import regulations and relevant GA International Trade Compliance policies and procedures to various business and functional departments across the enterprise, including Business Development, Contracts, Human Resources, Programs, Purchasing, Global Logistics, Law, and Security.
- Applies expertise with international trade compliance aspects and process improvements around export licensing, foreign travel, foreign person visits, import/export shipments and technical data management.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a Bachelors or Masters degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related field and fifteen or more years progressively complex experience with a Bachelors or thirteen or more years progressive experience with a Masters, in import/export administration Additional professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate an extensive understanding and application of import/export administration and licensing principles, theories, practices and concepts; and leadership skills including organizing, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates.
- Must possess the ability to contribute to the development of new concepts, processes, techniques and standards. Resolves a variety of extremely complex administrative and technical matters and; demonstrate excellent working knowledge of International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), US Customs regulations and Harmonized Tariff Schedules (HTS).
- Must be customer focused and possess:
- The ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop solutions to a variety of complex problems
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings
- Excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide employees, managers, customers and other external parties
- The ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information, and the ability to initiate, plan, lead and manage projects
- The ability to represent the company as a knowledgeable resource on internal and external projects ; and excellent computer skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager