Senior Manager, Contracts and Procurement Compliance
San Diego, California
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Job Level: Management
Travel: 0 - 25
What makes a successful Senior Manager, Contracts and Procurement Compliance at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager, Contracts and Procurement Compliance at our Headquarters location in Torrey Pines, San Diego, CA. The selected candidate will lead the Contracts Compliance, Procurement Compliance and the Small Business Teams, as well as act as the primary interface with the GAs Corporate Administrative Contracting Officer (CACO) and lead all relevant Contractor Purchasing System Reviews (CPSR). This position reports to the Director of Contracts, Procurement and Proposals Management Business Operations. A well-qualified candidate will be responsible for monitoring all US Government and related agency regulatory developments, as well as changes in government audit practices and standards.
General Atomics is a visionary pioneer with a unique and powerful mission. Join us and you can work on transformative technology, developing the latest solutions for Nuclear Fuel Cycle, Electromagnetic Systems, Spacecraft and Systems, Airborne Sensors, Laser Technologies, or Biofuels. Here you’ll have the freedom to look further and dream bigger. You won’t wait for opportunity, you’ll create it.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops procedures to ensure that Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisitions Regulations (DFAR) Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (2 CFR 200) and specific funding and contract requirements are met.
- Provides administrative leadership and oversees the Company’s Purchasing System, and overall process for compliance with contractual matters.
- Effectively communicates the introduction of new policies and procedures to internal stakeholders, ensuring the “what”, “why” and “how” are clearly understood.
- Prepares and presents relevant and timely analysis of compliance data and outcomes.
- Leads the development of KPIs and metrics to ensure internal controls and customer requirements are measured and met.
- Analyzes contracts, purchase orders, subawards (including appropriate flow-down provisions), other agreements, and solicitations to identify and mitigate risk, and ensure compliance with Company Policies and procedures.
- Acts as the point of contact, and coordinates information requests, for internal and external audits affecting Contracts, Procurement and Proposals Management.
- Implements effective training plans to drive employee and organizational development.
- Leads proactively and dynamically to drive exceptional audit performance.
- Coordinates Company response to Requests for Information, Government registrations and customer surveys.
- Oversees and coordinates standard Terms and Conditions, and unique customer contract flowdowns.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in business, law, or a related field and thirteen or more years of progressively complex experience in contracts/subcontracts with at least seven of those years managing contracts/subcontracts processes and personnel. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a thorough understanding of applicable laws and regulations including Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), FAR supplements and the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC).
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate working knowledge of ITAR/EAR experience
- Must possess the ability to resolve unusually complex management and technical problems while serving as spokesperson on assigned projects and/or programs.
- Must possess Strong communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other departments, all levels of management, professional and support staff, customers, potential customers, and government representatives.
- Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment, and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Possess exceptional judgement with the ability to influence and persuade through business rationale.
Salary:$125,810 - $229,670
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager