Senior Cable Assembler
San Diego, California
Assemblers, Machinists, Material and Production Control, Composite Technicians, Coordinators, Planners and Stock Clerks. These are just a few of the Manufacturing positions we offer at General Atomics. As a Manufacturing team member, you will use high-tech machines, systems, equipment and tools to create and build our products.
Experience in handling composite materials, using CNC machines and software, reading blueprints and drawings and a general understanding of manufacturing prinicples and systems are all desirable qualifications.
Schedule: Full-Time Hourly
Job Level: Mid-Level (3-7 years)
Travel: 0% - 25%
What makes a successful Senior Cable Assembler at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
- Results Driven
- Problem Solver
Job Summary General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
If you are a passionate Cable Assembler GA-ASI is looking for you! We are looking for top notch Cable Assemblers to help us build cables that will be used in aircraft and ground control stations. Our Cable Assemblers work in Poway, Ca, enjoy a 9/80 schedule and have the ability to work overtime.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build various cables that are used in the aircraft and ground control stations
- Determine and/or follow methods and sequence of operations in performing assembly tasks such as wiring,component installation, hand soldering and cable harnessing on assembly units
- Label assemblies in accordance with drawing specifications
- Length measurement cable breakouts
- Soldering-tinning wire, splices, (lap/hook) connections
- Perform a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with control procedures
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typical requires a high school diploma or equivalent and three or more years of experience
- As a condition of employment, as a cable assembler, successful completion of internal training is required
- Certification IPC/WHMA-A620 is a plus
- Understanding of 5S and Lean Principles is a preferred
- Ability to comprehend assembly drawings or written work instructions, and wire lists
- Good visual perception and ability to distinguish between colors
- Must be able to obtain measurements from tools such as measuring tapes, scales, etc.
- Must be able to know how to crimp terminals/contacts onto wires using manual and automated tooling
- Familiar with basic hand tools, cutters (dykes) wire strippers, hand crimpers, scissors, soldering iron, heat gun.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English
- Knowledge of computer operations and applications pertinent to the position
- The ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required
Paid Time Off
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
“The people I work with and the great opportunities to grow are the reasons I look forward to coming to work every day.”– Ralph, Technician
“I enjoy working with good people and knowing I am helping our great military.”– Joe, Fabricator
“I chose General Atomics because I wanted to work in a challenging work environment.”– Tony, Composite Technician
“I'm excited to come to work because of the new projects and challenges.”– James, Quality Composite Inspector