SAP BASIS Administrator
San Diego, California
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Job Level: Mid-Level (3-7 years)
Travel: 0% - 25%
What makes a successful SAP BASIS Administrator at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an SAP Basis Administrator to join our SAP BASIS and Database team in San Diego, CA. Under the general guidance of the SAP Basis and Database Manager this position will be responsible for the following:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- SAP Basis administration and technical core competencies tasks including SAP applications, SAP HANA and Oracle software installation and configuration, upgrade, applying Support Packages, and installation of add-on software components.
- Responsible for maintaining SAP -ECC, BW, SNC, PI, SLD, Portal, ChaRM, FIORI, GRC, MII-CAMAS, Personas and Solution manager systems with dual stack and ECC and BW HANA systems.
- Responsible for executing daily operational activities related to the SAP environment including; object transports, setup/configuration, operational SAP monitoring, troubleshooting and error handling, performance/tuning, and problem determination/resolution.
- Responsible for UNIX scripting, database creations, migrations, system sizing, systems configurations, storage management, database backups, recovery and DR for SAP systems.
- AIX administration and building high availability of SAP systems (fail-over, disaster recovery etc.).
- Maintaining interfaces to 3rd party technologies such as BSI Taxfactory, Sabrix OneSource TAX, Adobe Forms, Tidal job scheduler and other bolt-ons.
- As required, providing direction to less experienced or other professional SAP Basis Infrastructure staff.
- Observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in information technology or related field and five or more years of progressive experience in Basis module or SAP script and operating systems and relational databases. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Must demonstrate a complete understanding of SAP Basis Infrastructure principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Must have excellent organizational skills including planning, scheduling, and coordinating work assignments to meet established completion dates.
- Must be able to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately in an evolving environment while contributing to the development of new processes.
- Must be customer focused, involved in long-term trend and emerging requirement analysis, with a strong conceptual understanding of enterprise-wide software.
- Must possess: (1) the ability to identify issues, analyze data and develop solutions to a variety of complex technical problems; (2) excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings; (3) excellent interpersonal skills enabling an effective interface with others; and (4) excellent computer skills. Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager