Reporting and Data Governance Project ManagerDate posted 04/25/2019
Job ID#: 23590BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Reporting and Data Governance Project Manager
Job Category: Business Development, Program/Project Management
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS’ expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Reporting and Data Governance Manager located in our Rancho Bernardo location.
This position is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the operational aspects of one or more project(s) and serves as a liaison between project management and the project team, planning, engineering, line management, and the customer on issues such as operational and scheduling concerns. Responsible for leading the business reporting strategy for the business group and developing KPIs, dashboards, reports and tools for all levels of business user. Exercises considerable judgment within broadly defined practices and precedents to contribute to the development of new concepts, techniques and standards to ensure activities meet overall objectives. Responsible for developing and implementing a master data governance strategy to include a rational plan to cleanse existing data and ensure integrity and maintenance of data moving forward.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Assesses project issues and develops solutions to meet system architecture, best in class business process, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives. May accomplish tasks through subordinate staff and/or management.
- Identifies business transformation opportunities to ensure business strategy and goals align; provides leadership in identifying issues and recommending solutions.
- Leads the analysis, validation and development of business and technical process requirements; develops systems requirements, techniques and controls; and oversees implementation efforts of requirements.
- Provides leadership in determining business and user requirement specifications; leads analysis and verification to ensure consistency, traceability, feasibility and completeness; recommends and implements process improvement.
- Lead for building a reporting Center of Excellence (CoE) across the organization.
- Develops hard copy and electronic reports as required; utilizes analysis models, prototypes and scenarios. Designs reports within SAP Business Objects.
- Initiates changes/updates/modifications to practices, processes, policies, procedures and tools.
- Provides leadership, participates and assists in multiple projects as required.
- Provides direction to support staff and less experienced professional staff.
- Authors requirements documents and collaborates with ITS on design solutions.
- Works with ITS Business Analysts, process owners and other team leaders to improve business processes and systems.
- Develops and delivers training curriculum.
- Provide technical solutions which are imaginative, thorough, and practicable to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Represent the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Stay aware of new technology to ensure future applications are met.
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project management, line management, and the customer.
- Responsible for decisions which have an impact on outcomes and where failure to complete assignments will typically result in serious delays and expenditure of additional resources.
- Oversee and monitor project schedule, timelines, and milestones from initiation to delivery to meet delivery goals.
- Coordinate departmental and/or cross-functional teams to assign and prioritize tasks focused on delivering new or upgrading existing products and/or services.
- Assign and monitor work of project management staff, providing technical support and direction when necessary.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors in Business Administration or related discipline and eleven or more years of progressively complex experience in the project administration field with at least five of those years in project management. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have detailed knowledge of business process principles, concepts, theory, and practices as well as strong project leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines.
- Expert level in SAP Business Objects and associated tools.
- Must be able to contribute to the development of new business process principles and concepts and be able to resolve complex management and technical problems.
- Serves as a spokesperson on projects and/or programs.
- Strong communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with others.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Must be customer focused and able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment.
- Must have a strong understanding of master data governance and processes and tools to manage and maintain integrity of master data.
- Must have a strong understanding of Business Warehouse and Business Objects tools and capabilities.
- Must demonstrate an extensive understanding of project management processes and procedures, planning and scheduling methods, and budget management as well as the ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate workloads to meet established milestones and budgets.
- Must possess: (1) the ability to initiate, plan, and manage projects; (2) the ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop solutions to a variety of non-routine matters of diverse scope and nature; (3) strong analytical, communication, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills; and (4) the ability to work independently and lead in a team environment.
- Must be able to work extended hours and travel as required.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No