RAM EngineerDate posted 01/07/2016
Job ID#: 7287BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: RAM Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
City: San Diego
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mid-Level RAM Engineer in our System Safety/RAM group.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under general supervision, this position is supporting Reliability, Availability & Maintainability (RAM) Engineering Department activities related to the execution of Reliability-Centered Maintenance (RCM) and other RAM analyses for GA-ASI’s Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS).
- Conduct RCM analyses on the UAS to determine proper failure management strategies and preventative maintenance requirements with the goal of improving system reliability, maintainability, availability, and supportability.
- Perform RCM Program sustainment activities such a maintenance program and data review, tending analysis, top degrader analysis, age exploration, operator and maintainer interviews, database management, and tracking RAM performance metrics.
- Leads cross functional teams to conduct and implement RCM and RAM analyses.
- Participates in traditional RAM analyses such as Failure Modes, Effects, and Criticality (FMECA), predictions & allocations, reliability block modeling, testability, and RAM requirements.
- Provides direction to design or technical staff in matters related to RCM and RAM.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; four or more years of experience with a bachelor’s degree or two or more years of experience with a masters degree. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Possess strong technical knowledge in RCM and RAM analyses and methods
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
- Engineering and/or maintenance background working in RAM, product support, or logistics fields.
- Ability to challenge status the quo to continually improve UAS reliability and maintainability.
- Excellent computer, communication, and presentation skills both verbal and written.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software, Integrated Reliability-Centered Maintenance System, PTC Windchill or equivalent is desired.
- Familiarity with military aircraft maintenance programs, unmanned aircraft systems, predictive maintenance technologies, product support, and applicable RCM/RAM standards is a plus.
- Professional engineering license, RCM certification and/or FAA Airframe & Powerplant license is a plus.
- May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- US Citizen required.