Quality Engineer-FRACASDate posted 08/18/2016
Job ID#: 7066BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Quality Engineer-FRACAS
Job Category: Quality
City: San Diego
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
As a Program Quality Engineer, supports the business in all phases of product life cycle; concept to production, customer and field service as applicable, meeting all system and program quality requirements which includes:
- Design verfication, validation, and qualification of all hardwarr and software through strategic supplier development, inspection methods and processes, manufacturing and test processes development, and metrics.
- Generate non-conformance reports and participate in the Material Review Board meetings.
- Develops innovative and practical solutions to advanced and unique technical problems utilizing advanced quality techniques.
- Utilizes FRACAS database to track production and fielded problems and creates metrics for trending of failures and determination of root cause and corrective action.
- Facilitates and participates in program and product cost reduction initiatives. Provides competent and timely recommendations to management, anticipating future needs and required devleopment.
- Program point of contact for technical communication on quality issues. Assists in resolving complex technical problems by providing guidance and facilitation in determining root cause.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating products for acceptability.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Requires a bachelor's or master's degree in engineering or related discipline and six or more years of related experience with a bachelor's degree or four or more years with a master's degree. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must be able to apply a detailed understanding of inspection methods and have strong knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- Must have a strong knowledge of concepts, techniques, and methods in a particular field of specialization.
- Must have the analytical ability required to develop creative solutions to complex quality issues and the skills required to present those solutions to internal and external contacts.
- Must be detail-oriented to accurately prepare statistical reports and technical documents in support of company objectives.
- Must have strong leadership skills to direct staff members and ensure project costs and schedules are maintained while representing the organization on technical quality assurance issues.
- Able to deliver effective technical presentations and work extended hours as required.