Quality AnalystDate posted 11/23/2016
Job ID#: 10455BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Quality Analyst
Job Category: Quality
City: San Diego
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Under close supervision, this exciting opportunity is responsible for developing, analyzing and reporting on quality plans, programs and discrepancies related to assembly, process, mechanical, electrical and electro-mechanical systems. Investigates problems and develops dispositions and corrective actions to non-routine discrepancies. Ensures that quality performance and products conform to established company and regulatory standards. Interfaces with manufacturing, engineering, customers, vendors and subcontractor representatives to ensure requirements are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops corrective action plans, nonconformance and summary reports, travelers, and other quality records; identifies and analyzes root cause, adequate disposition, corrective action, trends, incomplete operations and errors. Coordinates and may provide training to responsible personnel and supervisors to get records corrected, prevent recurrence, and improve processes.
- Assist the Quality Engineering (QE) group with the continual and timely monitoring of Corrective Action/Preventive Actions and MRB Quality Notifications. This requires the individual to work closely with the QE in SAP and includes development and maintaining of corrective action and inspection databases, analysis of data for trends, chart and report development, reviews of results with management; preparation of statistical analysis reports, specifications and other documents or reports as required.
- Analyzes quality records and data on various elements of the company's Quality Management System (QMS) to ensure compliance, determine trends, and analyze root cause; develops summary reports, charts, and statistical analysis as required.
- Under guidance, develop and maintain departmental level metrics.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and status proposal and estimating data/records. Create and manage metrics for proposal activities.
- Support FRACAS reporting, metrics, management and closure.
- Develop, update and maintain department and project presentations/briefings.
- Develop, update and maintain First Article Inspection planning (Inspection Xpert knowledge desired).
- Track and maintain time charge numbers for contract awards.
- Support department resource planning and maintain current and projected status.
- May participate in training of personnel; participates in developing curriculums for training.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Technology, Mathematics or related field. May substitute additional experience as a quality analyst in lieu of education.
- Requires a basic understanding of quality procedures and system requirements in a manufacturing environment as well as basic knowledge of quality concepts and principles including the ability to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications.
- The ability to identify and interpret data, to prepare detailed statistical reports and documents.
- Solid interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to explain general information effectively with all levels of employees.
- Solid organization skills to maintain flow of work within the unit and ability to establish priorities.
- General knowledge of computer operations and applications and word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.