Quality AnalystDate posted 11/22/2016
Job ID#: 10473BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Quality Analyst
Job Category: Quality
City: San Diego
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) is a supplier of advanced electromagnetic systems, related power equipment and other high technology products for a variety of government and commercial applications. These include products such as the design and fabrication of linear motors, superconducting and conventional rotating motors, power inverters, high-energy capacitors, radiation monitoring systems, high-voltage direct current power distribution systems, and numerous other products.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Analyst in our Electromagnetic Systems (EMS) Group located in Rancho Bernardo, CA. Under general direction, this position is responsible for developing and implementing quality plans, programs and documentation using industry recognized concepts and tools. Investigates problems and develops corrective action plans for quality system and documentation discrepancies. Ensures that quality performance and records conform to established Company and regulatory standards; may recommend actions, dispositions and modifications. Interfaces with manufacturing, engineering, customers, vendors and subcontractor representatives to ensure requirements are met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes quality records and data on various elements of the company’s Quality Management System (QMS) to ensure compliance, determine trends, and analyze root cause; develops summary reports, charts, and statistical analysis as required.
- Plans and coordinates internal audits and surveillance activities of the company’s QMS; develops summary reports and reviews results with management; may recommend improvements to the QMS and related processes.
- Analyzes documentation for compliance to ISO standards; develops and implements ISO certification; develops documentation as required.
- May participate in training of personnel; participates in developing curriculums for training.
- May provided direction to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Manufacturing Technology, Mathematics or related field and six or more years experience working as a quality analyst and auditor in a manufacturing environment. May substitute additional experience as a quality analyst in lieu of education.
- Requires a complete understanding of quality procedures and system requirements in a manufacturing environment as well as complete knowledge of quality concepts and principles including manufacturing and quality documentation and MIL standards.
- The ability to identify and interpret moderately complex data.
- The ability to develop and present detailed statistical reports and documents.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to explain complex information effectively with all levels of employees.
- Strong organization skills to maintain flow of work within the unit.
- The ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines; and strong knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
- Experience with SAP and Windchill or equivalent ERP is desired.