San Diego, California
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Job Level: Mid-Level (3-7 years)
Travel: 0 - 25
What makes a successful Proposal Specialist at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) is a supplier of advanced electromagnetic systems, related power equipment and other high technology products for a variety of government and commercial applications. These include products such as the design and fabrication of linear motors, superconducting and conventional rotating motors, power inverters, high-energy capacitors, radiation monitoring systems, high-voltage direct current power distribution systems, and numerous other products.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Proposal Specialist to join our Internal Communications team, within the Business Communications group, supporting Electromagnetic Systems. This position will be located in San Diego, Ca. Under general supervision, this position is responsible for planning, scheduling and administration of proposal efforts, including editing of proposals projects
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and edits non-technical sections of proposals and assists technical authors in maintaining requirements.
- Participates in cost and pricing reviews with management and customers and ensures that proposals are well written and met the RFP requirements and Company standards.
- Participates in cost and contractual input; identifies issues and recommends solutions.
- Participates in the preparation of pre-proposal and proposal related submissions, RFI - Requests for information, as well as recommending the layout of the proposal.
- Participates in developing recommendations for changes in proposal policies and standards, and maintains various electronic databases. May prepare research and promotional material, including marketing brochures and displays, describing the organization's various projects and technical capabilities.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, or related discipline and three or more years of progressive professional commercial or government proposal experience. Equivalent professional proposal experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have a general understanding of proposal concepts, principles and theory; knowledge of FAR and related governmental rules and regulations; and experience demonstrating a broad and practical application of those principles, concepts, and practices.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize, schedule and coordinate work phases; and, determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of moderately complex problems.
- Must have strong communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform moderately complex tasks in one technical proposal area; and, lead a team of less experienced support and/or professional employees on semi-routine tasks.
- Able to work extended hours and travel as required.
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager