San Diego, California
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Job Level: Management
Travel: 0 - 25
What makes a successful Proposal Manager at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
This position is responsible for managing and coordinating activities related to the development, planning and scheduling of proposals for company products and/or services. Participates in and coordinates the writing, editing, final production, and delivery of the proposal. Implements policies and procedures to ensure business objectives are met. Participates in the development of short and long-term objectives and recommends goals to management. Provides leadership and guidance in implementing new/revised objectives and maintains liaisons with other department managers. May be responsible for decisions that impact the department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership for and coordinate activities related to the development, planning and scheduling of proposals.
- Serve as the primary interface with management, business development, engineering, production, finance and contracts for proposals.
- Compile cost, schedule and technical elements for the development of proposals in accordance with RFP specifications.
- Recommend modifications to proposal policies and procedures.
- Review program proposals submitted by staff, and other sources to determine proposal feasibility.
- Provide direction and guidance to employees involved in the proposal process.
- Participate in the planning, attraction, selection, retention, and development of human resources to ensure the availability of the required professional and technical talent.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Additional Functions Other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Business Administration or a related discipline and nine or more years of progressive professional experience in proposal development with at least three of those years in management. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate knowledge in the development, coordination and application of proposal principles, concepts, regulations, and practices; comprehensive project leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones; and in-depth knowledge of defense industry processes and practices.
- Must be customer focused and possess:
- the ability to exercise independent judgment in resolving management and technical problems
- the ability to serve as spokesperson on various projects
- strong communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills to enable an effective interface with others
- knowledge of computer applications and operations pertinent to the field
- Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and lead in a team environment, and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
Salary:$90,930 - $162,788
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager