Proposal ManagerDate posted 01/06/2017
Job ID#: 10807BR
Company: General Atomics
Job Title: Proposal Manager
Job Category: Business Development
City: San Diego
Regular/Temp: Regular Employee
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
GA's Electromagnetic systems (EMS) group focuses on the military and commercial application of advanced electromagnetic technologies, including power generation and distribution, magnetic levitation, and systems design and engineering. The EMS Group supports government customers, which include the department of Defense, Department of Energy and the Department of Transportation.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Proposal Manager to join our EMS Business Development and Strategic Planning group.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Responsible for development of proposal including budget, content and quality of the product.
- Represents the organization as the primary proposal contact.
- Assist with development of proposal plan(s) and manage resources to ensure project schedule, budget, quality and specification goals are attained.
- Manage and monitor project schedule, timelines, and milestones from initiation to delivery to meet RFP requirements.
- Coordinate departmental and/or cross-functional teams to assign and prioritize tasks focused on delivering new or upgrading existing products and/or services.
- Assign and monitor work of proposal team, providing technical support and direction when necessary.
- Participates in cost and contractual input; identifies issues and recommends solutions to unusually complex technical issues.
- Develops pre-proposal and proposal related submissions, RFI – Requests for information, as well as recommending the layout of the proposal.
- Administer and execute policies, processes, and procedures that impact the assigned project.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and may present results to management team and/or management.
- Collaborate across management and project team to expand services and potential business opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with environmental and other regulations.
- Identify and assess project issues and develop recommendations for solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Act as a lead providing direction and guidance to employees working on assigned project.
- Documents findings, communicates results to proposal or management staff and makes technical presentations as required.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Business Administration or a related discipline and nine or more years of progressive professional experience in proposal development with at least three of those years in management. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must possess proven experience developing proposals to include formulating budgets, content, quality, project schedules, etc.
- Strongly prefer experience in manufacturing, engineering or DoD environments
- Must have a thorough understanding of project management processes and procedures, planning and scheduling methods, and budget management as well as the ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate workloads to meet established milestones and budgets.
- Must possess: (1) the ability to initiate, plan and manage projects; (2) the ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop solutions to a wide range of complex issues; (3) strong communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills; and, (4) the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and lead in a team environment, and able to work extended hours and travel as required.