Project Control Analyst
San Diego, California
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting & Finance, and Contracts & Procurement.
Schedule: Full-Time Salary
Job Level: Mid-Level (3-7 years)
Travel: 0% - 25%
What makes a successful Project Control Analyst at General Atomics? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Job Summary General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Control Analyst to join the Program Finance division of our Program Planning & Controls group at General Atomics Aeronautical Systems located in Poway, CA. This position, under general direction is responsible for analysis procedures for reporting on projects of varying contract type, size, complexity, and level of risk. Participates in preparation, review, production, sign-off and tracking of contract deliverables.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, tracks, analyzes, and reports on assigned contracts.
- Establishes and maintains cost/schedule baseline, develops Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and performs Estimates at Completion.
- Develops and implements earned value procedures and coordinates with Project Managers and Senior Technical personnel to ensure they are uniformly applied.
- Develops and implements reporting procedures to evaluate project status, valuation of work in progress, and tracking of contract deliverables.
- Prepares cost/schedule, variance and earned value reports/analysis.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to maintain a productive and safe working environment in accordance with established operating procedures and practices
- Typically requires education or formal training equivalent to the completion of a bachelor's degree in business administration or a related discipline, along with three or more years of related experience. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a strong background analyzing multiple contract types: Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Fixed Price Incentive (FPI), Fixed Price Level of Effort (FPLOE), Time and Materials (T&M), Cost Plus Award Fee (CPAF), Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF), and hybrid contracts.
- Requires an understanding of GAAP and FAR.
- Must be an effective communicator and able to represent the company independently on routine matters.
- Must be able to write, interpret and explain complex issues.
- Must be proficient with the following electronic software: word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail, and project management.
- Must be able to work extended hours and travel as required.
Pension, 401(k)/Retirement Plans
Multiple product lines means a variety of work
Paid Time Off
“General Atomics is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There is no limit to where you can go in this company.”– Shalena, Lead Talent Acquisition Specialist
“I consider myself an effective leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our customers.”– Uriah, Project Manager