Project Control AnalystDate posted 12/21/2018
Job ID#: 21996BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Project Control Analyst
Job Category: Manufacturing, Material and Production Control, Program/Project Management
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Control Analyst to join our Manufacturing Department at GA-ASI, located in Poway, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
With general direction, implements, develops and applies planning, tracking, and analysis procedures for reporting on projects of varying contract type, size, complexity, and level of risk.
Participates in preparation, review, production, sign-off and tracking of contract deliverables.
Establishes and maintains cost/schedule baseline, develops Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and related dictionaries, performs Estimates At Completion.
Implements Earned Value Methodologies, performs related variance analysis and works with Project Managers and Senior Technical personnel to ensure uniform application of company procedures.
Develops and implements reporting procedures to report project status and valuation of work in progress as well as tracking procedures for contract deliverables.
May participate in new business proposals as required to develop schedule, manpower, and cost estimates.
1. Plans, tracks, analyzes, and reports on assigned contracts.
2. Establishes and maintains cost/schedule baseline, develops Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and performs Estimates At Completion.
3. Implements earned value procedures and coordinates with Project Managers and Senior Technical personnel to ensure they are uniformly applied.
4. Develops and implements reporting procedures to evaluate project status, valuation of work in progress, and tracking of contract deliverables.
5. Prepares cost/schedule, variance and earned value reports/analysis.
6. Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to maintain a productive and safe working environment in accordance with established operating procedures and practices
7. Represent the company in Integrated Baseline Review (IBR) and other customers
8. Review and maintain the Breakpoint table
9. Identify and report on Critical path objects to ensure delivery to contract requirements
10. Create and maintain historical performance and apply learning curve techniques to develop future cost estimates.
11. Assist in the refinement of existing Earned Value Methodologies
12. Directs or coordinates the activities of other employees in the planning area. May participate in hiring, training and promoting employees
13. Develops new systems to accommodate task accomplishment and reporting.
14. Other duties as assigned or required.
Typically requires education or formal training equivalent to the completion of a bachelor's degree in business administration or a related discipline, along with six or more years of related experience
Must have a thorough understanding of manufacturing planning principles, theories, techniques and concepts as well as ability to understand accounting and manufacturing systems in a research or production environment and to apply advanced planning tools and techniques; knowledge of government funds procedures and regulations; and ability to read, interpret and explain engineering drawings
Must have a complete understanding of the concepts, and practices involved in analyzing multiple contract types: Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Fixed Price Incentive (FPI), Time and Materials (T&M), Cost Plus Award Fee (CPAF), Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF), and hybrid contracts
Requires an understanding of GAAP and FAR
The ability to create Ad-hoc reports to support Program Management
Understanding of MIL-STD-881D
Must be an effective communicator and able to represent the company on programmatic matters, as well as able to write, interpret and explain programmatic issues
Must be knowledgeable and experienced with the following electronic software: word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail, and project management
Ability to work both independently and lead in a team environment
Must be able to work extended hours and travel as required
PMP (Project Management Professional) or EVP (Earned Value Professional) or similar certification is preferred
CPIM (Certified in Production and Inventory Management) is preferred
Advanced knowledge of Excel is preferred
Familiarity with SQL Developer or similar is preferred
Experience in working with auditors and in the review of cost and performance data is preferred
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No